Hello, my first post, I am confused about a few things. I entered a F&F IVA IN June.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

reeves55

Post by reeves55 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:36 pm
Hello, my first post, I entered an IVA in June and we are doing this by means of a lump sum full and final payment. My IP has informed me this week that they are beginning the process of closing down my case now and I should get a letter of completion within a few months. Couple of questions though as I am confused about a few things. Firstly I have read this - Once the IVA is completed, your details will be removed from the Individual Insolvency Register after three months.

Is this true, will we be removed so soon?

Secondly what sort of trouble am I going to have securing monthly payments for:

Car Insurance
Gas
Water

I am aware of the credit file implications and to be fair I am not sure I will ever have credit again, but I am worried that I may have to find a whole years worth of money for car insurance when i come to renew next month.

Many thanks

Reeves

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:43 pm
Hi and welcome,

The IVA will be removed from the Insolvency Register but will remain on your credit record for six years.

You should be ok with utilities etc
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:51 pm
Some people have had problems with car insurance on monthly payments, but the majority don't have any issues.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”