Using your name on the board

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:54 am
I have begun to notice that some posters appear to be disclosing their real identity on the board.

Unless you are comfortable with 1) people knowing who you are that you are in an IVA 2) that a company you may comment about identifying you and 3) that your location could be found I would not recommend the practice.

It is is very easy these days to identify more information about an individual just based on their name and a simple wen search.

Also given the way that companies are using information on the web to develop their products (an example is where lenders may want access to your Facebook account to see who your friends are to determine whether to make a loan) you need to control what is out there.

I am extremely grateful to those people on the board that disclose their real identities as they contribute in their professional capacity.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:23 am
This has been mentioned before and the only people who can change the identity is the poster or Andy.

I agree that it's not good to put your full name on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:18 pm
I think I would be identifiable, from my name on here and the details in my blog. I also consider a lot of others could be too. We once had a thread running whereby we listed our hobbies and about us a bit of a bio and I recognised my friend! I did tell her and we just laughed.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”