Is there anyway we can pay outstanding debt and get out of IVA with Knightsbridge ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Brian.w

Post by Brian.w » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:18 pm
We have been in an IVA with Knightsbridge for the past 3 years and have never missed a payment. We have just receieved a letter staing we are in breach of our IVA as we havent sent in an RX1 form for them to register their interest in our property. WE assumed that this had all been done at the start of the IVA as we remember filling in the forms. How come it has taken them this long to realise that the charge has not been registered, surely we are not in breach of our contract as it is their mistake. We have paid £4,320.00 of our agreed terms of £7,200.00. This leaves £2,880.00 expected to be paid over the next 2 years. Is there anyway we can pay the outstanding debt off and get out of this contract as several times Knightsbridge have "lost or not received correspondence from us".

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:36 pm
Hi and welcome,

I would challenge Knightsbridge over this - it could be an oversight on their part.

If you could raise the money you could offer a full and final payment - where would the money be coming from?

As regards correspondence, the best way to deal with it is to keep copies and also send things recorded delivery.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:39 pm
A notice of breach isn't an actual breach, but a heavy handed invite to put things right. Tell them you have returned an RX1 already, if they have lost it they are welcome to send you a replacement to sign and return ( signed for).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:39 pm
3 years to discover they have misplaced your RX1!! Simply get them to send another to sign.

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:04 am
Hi, as others say, challenge them and invite them to send you another form to complete, maybe return this one recorded. A little heavy handed for a first communication in my opinion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:43 am
I agree - make a complaint and offer to sign another one if they send it to you.

To answer you original post - if you have a third party willing to gift you a lump sum you could put forward a F&F settlement offer to finish your IVA/s early.

This won't help repair your credit rating any sooner but will give you control over your finances again.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”