Hi, I completed my IVA in March 2015 and have received CC but still have a default marked.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Carol.ln

Post by Carol.ln » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:48 pm
Hi, I completed my IVA in March 2015 and have received my completion notice. When checking my credit report, one creditor still has the debt marked as 'default'. I'm aware it takes time to do the administration side, but 18 months seems excess. I have written to the creditor with proof of completion, but still no charge on my credit report. Telephone conversations have also got me nowhere as the account has changed from clydesdale bank to barclays partner finance when they were brought out. The account with the creditor had the default marked from halfway through the IVA. Would I be right in marking the information on my credit file as incorrect? It's a major factor in repairing my credit rating.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Hi,

You can mark it as incorrect but also write to the data controller at both Clydesdale and Barclays with another copy of your completion and send it recorded delivery. Give them 28 days in which to rectify it otherwise you will escalate the complaint.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:16 pm
Have a read here :

http://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-iva/

The important thing is to get the default date correctly recorded --- then it will drop off at the 6th anniversary.

Out of my creditors (11) three still mark me as default but I am happy to leave it as that because, whatever they have marked it as, it will disappear shortly. In any case, while the IVA shows on file ( even though marked as completed) nothing else matters as it's cloud is dark enough to scupper credit worthiness all on its own!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”