I've just started an IVA and some of my creditors are trying to ring me. What should I do ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Zippy6971

Post by Zippy6971 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:12 am
I've just started an I've 2 weeks in and some of my creditors are trying to ring me what should I do should I answer and tell them I'm in a I've or ring knights bridge and tell them or is it normal

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 am
The message of your iva being agreed will take a few weeks to filter through to your creditors and their teams responsible for chasing debts.
Receiving phone calls is normal and you simply need to refer them to your IP and inform them of your IVA being in place. You are fully protected.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

nursecrippin

Post by nursecrippin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:02 am
mine carried on for few weeks after that they stopped.
As before just let youe IVA company know and they will deal with it.
Dont panic, you will find the companies ringing you will be apologetic as like said before it takes a while to filter through.
Heidi xxxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 am
It does happen sometimes. I told the only one that called me after my agreement that I was in an IVA and I never received any other calls.

It is sometimes a case of the information not filtering down to the call centres.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 am
As said above -- it takes a while for the right hand to know what the left hand id doing --- added to which, many creditors use third party call centres for collections who don't have full access to your details and, again, it will take a while before you are pulled from their call lists. Simply tell them you are in an IVA and give them your IP's details (you might find that some don't even know what an IVA is ! ).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 am
The one that called me continued to ask me to make a payment even when I told her that I was in an IVA and she shouldn't be calling me!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Zippy6971

Post by Zippy6971 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 pm
I rang them and like said where very apologetic said they'd put a stop to them

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:14 pm
Annoying as it can be ... YOU now have the upper hand and they cannot do anything about it :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”