How does a job with a lot more money affect things ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Gowland100

Post by Gowland100 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:14 am
I have been in an IVA for a year and have been offered a job on a lot more money. How does this affect things?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 am
Welcome to the forum. A new income and expenditure will be required to establish affordability and it is likely you will pay a higher return to creditors.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:15 am
Welcome from me as well.

As stated, the chances are that your payments will go up. It might mean that you are able to pay back £100p in the pound which would be very good.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:30 am
I agree, your payments will be likely to increase by 50% of the net salary rise. You might be able to mitigate this slightly if there is also a slight increase in your expenses due to the promotion.

Check your paperwork, there should be clauses dedicated to this. In most cases a permanent pay rise is taken into account at the next annual review and any increase between the rise and the review is yours, with the 50% net increase payable thereafter. However, some IP's will try to take the increase right away -- indeed, some are entitled to, depending upon the way the agreement has been drafted.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 am
You will benefit from the increased earnings as will your creditors. However factor in any increased costs for travel, clothing etc before you agree any increase.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”