Creditfix

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Alwayssmiling

Post by Alwayssmiling » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:29 am
Supposedly have sorted out my IVA! So why are my creditors still contacting me and taking payments for the debts I owe I thought the monthly payment was supposed to cover this? Have e-mailed creditfix and attempted to contact by phone but am getting no response it's like they've just disappeared leaving me in the proverbial

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:10 am
How long has the IVA been running? Why have you not cancelled the standing orders and direct debits to your creditors ? They should not be able to take payments.

It is not uncommon for creditors who have outside collection agencies to phone and ask for payment in the early weeks of an IVA, as things take a while to filter through. They should be just told about the IVA on the phone and politely asked to go away!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Alwayssmiling

Post by Alwayssmiling » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:57 am
Creditfix told me to keep paying my loan and credit cards so now I'm in deep do do

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 am
I would assume they meant to keep paying until the IVA had been agreed! THEN you should have stopped --- indeed most of us stopped before then and put away the payments as a little emergency nest egg.

Why are in "in deep do do" ? Just stop making the loan repayments --assuming your IVA has been accepted!

If you are struggling because of this misunderstanding you need to request a short break in the IVA payments to get back on track -- it normally would be a bit early in the day for such a request, but CF might be understanding.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”