Full & Final Questions

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

hubert

Post by hubert » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 pm
Hi,

I am considering making an F&F offer and have some questions I cannot find answered on here recently.

The IP must put forward to the creditors, within 21 days any reasonable F&F offer right?

If the F&F is rejected, does the IVA just continue exactly as before?

Am I entitled to a report of the outcome of the creditors meeting?

Is there any danger in submitting a F&F offer?

Finally, my wife, who is NOT in the IVA, is the one stumping up the cash from a private account of hers. The money was a gift to her from her family that she was given recently (in year 3 of the IVA). Is this OK?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate any feedback!
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:01 am
Answers in red for you (hopefully if the font colour changed!)

The IP must put forward to the creditors, within 21 days any reasonable F&F offer right?
ANSWER -It will be dealt with in the sane timeline as your original iva proposal - once written creditors are given the time to consider and vote

If the F&F is rejected, does the IVA just continue exactly as before? ANSWER - Yes it would continue as agreed

Am I entitled to a report of the outcome of the creditors meeting? ANSWER - A full chairmans report should be written reporting on the f&f outcome and be available to you

Is there any danger in submitting a F&F offer? ANSWER - None that I can see or am aware off

Finally, my wife, who is NOT in the IVA, is the one stumping up the cash from a private account of hers. The money was a gift to her from her family that she was given recently (in year 3 of the IVA). Is this OK? ANSWER - I would ensure it is written down in the proposal that this money is only be offered to you on the understanding it concludes your iva and should it not be approved then you will not have access to it.

Hope this helps and good luck
Last edited by luluj on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:56 am
changed the answers to show red for you Luluj :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:02 am
Further to Luluj's advice I would add that inherent dangers in submitting a F&F offer are dependent upon who you are with, but can be mitigated. Payplan, for instance, always insert a clause inviting bankruptcy proceedings to be considered if the variation is rejected. This is tantamount to poking a sleeping bear with a sharp stick and MUST be removed! Tell them to do so and they will.

For the avoidance of doubt I would word the offer to the effect that, if rejected, the IVA will continue as originally agreed. It is safer than leaving it implied.

And, as Luluj says, include wording to the effect that the money is from a third party for the purposes of a F&F only., If rejected the donor will keep the money and it will not be available to the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:16 am
Also add a clause that any contributions paid in the meantime whilst the offer is being considered will be deducted form the lump sum.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

hubert

Post by hubert » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm
Thanks so much guys!

I'll keep you posted ;)
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:03 pm
Best of luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:45 pm
Good luck from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”