Barclaycard keep trying to contact me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Zippy6971

Post by Zippy6971 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:49 pm
Barclaycard keep trying to contact me I've told them I'm in a iva but they are asking me to send them a disclosure form is knights bridge suppose to do that or is it my job to do that

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:59 pm
You have authorised your IP to act on your behalf -- tell Barclaycard ( who, incidentally, are a nightmare to deal with) to communicate with your IP only and refuse to enter into any conversation with them. Once you are in an IVA they are not to communicate with you directly (and vice versa).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:06 pm
I concur that Barclaycard are a nightmare! They were the bane of my life!

As said - get Knightsbridge to sort it and also tell Barclaycard to do one when they ring up again - they are not supposed to do so.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Zippy6971

Post by Zippy6971 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:43 pm
Thanks for your replies I shall ring them first thing and tell knightsbridge

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:15 pm
As posted by kallis and Foggy, I too found Barclaycard to be a relentless chaser.

I wrote to them with my IP`s details and my IVA case number instructing them to contact my IP regarding any further information after I started my proposal, but they completely ignored that.

I actually always had the ringer volume set to zero on my phone but had countless messages on my answerphone from them, but I never returned the calls.

You are fully protected by your IVA and no matter what the call centre sfaff may try and threaten you with, there is nothing they can do.

I received a lot of harassment through mail from them and their cohorts `Mercers`, but again I just ignored it and forwarded anything I got to my IVA provider to deal with.

Barclaycard used to actually have a `rep` of sorts who posted on the forum a few years ago.

They didn`t contribute much, just seemed to be fishing for information to me...disappeared never to be seen again quite quickly.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:45 am
Totally agree with Goosed ..ignore the calls ..you are fully protected and have nothing to worry about.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

hubert

Post by hubert » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:10 am
How odd...

When I was setting up my IVA, BarclayCard who I owed a substantial amount to, were silent!

Not a dickie-bird once the IP notified them...

All I've had since is the statutory required annual summary.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:25 am
I was contacted on the day my IVA was approved and even when I told them about it they still insisted I made a payment! Told them I wasn't allowed to and they couldn't contact me any further and that was the last I heard from them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”