Credit file!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

baldy

Post by baldy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:47 pm
Hi everybody, hope everything is going ok for everyone?

So.... nearly 2 months out of IVA!!Feels really strange still. Nice not to hand over extra income to them!!

Our 6 year anniversary date will be on the 27th October 2016 and i wanted to know will all our defaults fall off on the November report?

Ive checked ALL the dates on the accounts showing defaults and they are correctley dated as the start of our IVA.
Just really want to get it cleaned up.

Just to add we are still budgeting every week to know exactly how much money we have!!!!

I dont think thats going to change which for us is a really good thing.

Regards

Baldy.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 pm
Well done Baldy - nice to see such a positive post.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:36 pm
Hey Baldy,

I hit my 6 years IVA start date on 26th August, yes the IVA dropped off straight away, but we still have an on going battle with Creation Finance - who have already admitted (18 moths ago) they are wrong to have the default against us, even paid £75 in compensation but it's STILL there, it's currently with the financial ombudsman who have taken up the case AGAIN for us.

Also out of the blue Lloyds threw a default on us, so I have written to them and sent the CC, that's TBA.

So I'm just saying keep an eye and never assume things will drop off.
Always good to stay on top of these things. [:)]
*** Don't look back, you're not going that way ***

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

Piglet71

Post by Piglet71 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:50 pm
My 6 years has not long passed and all my defaults were dated within a couple of days of IVA start and all fell off fine. I ordered my statutory reports the day after the 6 year anniversary cos i was too keen and experian report still showed one default but that was gone a few days later.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:05 pm
Hi Baldy, all my defaults dropped off without issue at or just after the 6 year point.
We are still using the I&E we had during the IVA and other than a new mattress we haven't gone mad at all. I have a brand new car through salary sacrifice but this is still a tiny amount of our disposable, most of which now goes into our saving account.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:12 pm
Allow 28 days after the 6 years and then chase any still on there up but the majority will fall off on their own.

Great feeling.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

baldy

Post by baldy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 am
Hi,thank you very much for all of your replies. Its a great help to us. I did pay the £2 for report from Experian and i felt that was money well spent.

Funny....since finnishing the IVA in August all i seem to wish for now is the end of October to arrive and everything to drop off!!!

I like your reply Piglet!!!
I really hope ours goes the same way as yours.

Its funny because i might have finnished our IVA but i am always checking the site just to see how things are going for everybody!!!

Its been an amazing help for us all through our IVA, so i hope all the new people who are just about to start their journey keeps up to date with the forum.

Once again many thanks and will keep you posted on how things go.

Regards

Baldy & Family.[:)]

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:53 pm
They should drop off but that doesn't mean they will and you might need to do a bit of leg work yourself with the creditors direct...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Andy.75

Post by Andy.75 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:17 pm
My 6 year IVA ended March this year and I had problems with a Yorkshire bank loan that was showing default for 18 months after my IVA start date ( march 2010 ). After several phone calls to Yorkshire bank head office and a couple of emails incuding copies of my Credit file and my Completion certificate they rang me last week to apologise and said it will be removed with immediate effect from all 3 credit reference agency
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”