Is there a central register which updates all credit reference agencies ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Shiann

Post by Shiann » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:39 pm
I have finished my IVA in May this year and received my completion certificate. I have let Noodle know by sending them evidence of completion, but now sending the same to Experian and Equifax. Is there an easier method of letting all credit reference agencies know as I am sure there are more out there than these three. Is there a central register to just let know, and they update all?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:09 pm
There are only the three and no central way of updating as each reflects only what the creditors who use them report. The Insolvency Service reports to all three to advise completion.

Have a read here:

http://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-iva/
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shiann

Post by Shiann » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:58 pm
Thank you Foggy for getting back to me. Also I meant to say Noddle in my question, not Noodle!! ha ha
I am trying to clean up my credit file now that my IVA is complete. I was in mine for six years, and so I hope it will start to fall off my credit file very soon. I have noticed that on several of the credit agencies it hasnt, so I am sending them evidence of my completion in hope I can wash my hands of it completely.

I have to say though that I was surprised how quick my certificate came to me - about six to eight weeks - which is about right from what I understand. I was with DFD and have not had problems with them at all. I am not a home owner, so that probably helped take that complication out of the equation judging by some in these forums who have had problems on that side of things.

I will just be glad to start to live my life again and actually start saving what I was paying all those years. I've already booked a holiday next year - the first in six years!!! Hooray!!! ha ha And not on credit either - perish the thought!!! ha ha

Hang in there all those who are in their IVA, it does eventually come to an end, although I know it doesnt feel like it when you are at the start or middle of one. The last few months on count down can be just as unbearable, but knowing the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight keeps you going.

Being in an IVA has been a big learning curve on how to stretch the purse strings, which I will continue to do even though I'm no longer in one. Good luck everyone and take it a day at a time. The key is to micro-budget day by day. So if you don't spend what you allocated for that day on food etc, then you have it to add to the next days and live like a king for the day!! Using the internet for idea's for saving money on essentials is also a good source for getting by.

Again thank you Foggy for your prompt response and links. It is much appreciated.[:)]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:03 pm
Well done Shiann, great post there. Yes -- I often call it Noodle !!!!

I am three years "out the other side" and the lessons still stick -- still owe no-one a single penny and everything I but is paid for in "real" money. I also have a modest savings account balance ( which is a first for all of my adult life!).

Onward and upward.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Andy.75

Post by Andy.75 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:20 am
My Iva was for 6 years and it finished in March this year. My credit files cleaned up automatically once the iva finished except for a Yorkshire bank loan that was showing missed payments from the first 12 months into my Iva. After contacting Yorkshire bank and explaining that my situation they asked for a copy of my credit reports and a copy of my completion certificate. Then after a couple of weeks they rang me to apologise and removed it with immediate effect from all 3 credit reference agency
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”