Is it correct that I won't get my CC until HMRC processes my tax return ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Johndl9

Post by Johndl9 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:54 pm
I am self employed. I completed a one off IVA payment in July. I have been told by my IP that because HMRC will claim tax due from me in the current tax year, I won't get my completion certificate until HMRC process my tax return at the end of the tax year. This means I wont get my certificate until April 2017 at the earliest. Is this correct.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:38 am
HMRC do play by their own set of rules in an IVA and could be holding this up. Hopefully one of the experts who deal a lot with this organisation will be along to comment ( possibly not until Monday though).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:37 pm
This is correct. The liability for the tax year in which you entered the IVA forms a debt within the IVA. Therefore until the IP agrees a final claim with HMRC the case cannot close. Get your return submitted as quickly as possible after April as it can take time for HMRC to process the returns.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”