How will my partner's bankruptcy affect my offer of a job as psychiatric nurse in a prison ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Jodied2791

Post by Jodied2791 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:46 am
I'm a psychiatric nurse and have received an offer for a job in a prison run by G4S. Unfortunately my partner lost his job earlier in the year and we were left in financial hardship, the only option was bankruptcy. Will my offer be rejected because of this as it asks about bankruptcy on the security vetting forms!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:39 am
If the bankruptcy was for your partner alone I do not see how it would ne relevant. If you both went bankrupt you would need to disclose this and a call to the HR team may be a good idea.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:32 am
I might point out that in the vast majority of cases where the question is asked the presence of a debt solution ( past or present) is not always the death knell to the application. However, non-disclosure of something they might already be aware of or could become aware of would almost certainly see any chance of success flushed away.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”