How do I get the information asked for by bank for PPI payment ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Ruth.k

Post by Ruth.k » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:29 pm
Hi
I completed an Iva in august by offering a settlement
My former bank have offered me ppi payment and have asked me whether Iva was written on standard terms and the year the terms were written
Do you know how I get this information?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:35 pm
Hi and welcome,

You need to check your paperwork for both the original agreement and the completion letter if you have received it to see what it says.

Alternatively you could speak to your IP and ask.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 pm
Your proposal will say under what terms it was written.Either Protocol / R3 or whatever, if Protocol it should say (probably 2010 or 2014). It makes little difference really. What they are looking to find out is whether it was an "all assets" arrangement, in which case the PPI will be payable to your creditors, or whether it was a "defined assets" arrangement, in which case it might not be.

I would say that there is a 95% chance that the PPI will belong to your creditors as an after acquired asset.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”