PPI Grant Thornton EIC

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
52 posts Page 1 of 4

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:59 pm
Hi finished my IVA in 2011 and after much chasing up finally got my cc in 2013 after signing all the EIC paperwork re PPI. Not heard much at all aside from receiving the odd ppi cheque which I duly sent to EIC as they arrived. Today I received a letter from GT claiming that they have written to EIC for details of any statutory interest paid but surprise surprise they say they ve not had a response. Thankfully I have kept copies of everything so am more than happy to forward all the information, what I am wondering is does this mean I am actually likely to be receiving a cheque anytime soon? I was beginning to think the promise of some of the 8% stat interest was a ploy to get folk to sign the paperwork.
Has anyone else had any success with any of the stat interest being paid to them or has anyone else had the same GT letter? Also anyone know the estimate for what percentage is likely to be paid after costs etc?

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:27 pm
Hi foreverbroke I am also with GT and EIC they are still investigating my ppi I have been told I will get some of the ppi money but I have to wait until they finish investigating it.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm
Hi

We also received this letter stating that GT were unable to get information from EIC about possible PPI (8% interest) claims.

Not too sure what to make of it as I find it hard to believe that EIC are unable to give them the exact information that we have received on the two successful claims that they found for us.

I did wonder whether things were closing now as it has been almost 2 years since we received our Certificate after giving them the go ahead to claim any outstanding PPI.

I have kept all the information but to be honest I would be very surprised to get anything back.
Katy

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Borneo

Hi

We also received this letter stating that GT were unable to get information from EIC about possible PPI (8% interest) claims.

Not too sure what to make of it as I find it hard to believe that EIC are unable to give them the exact information that we have received on the two successful claims that they found for us.

I did wonder whether things were closing now as it has been almost 2 years since we received our Certificate after giving them the go ahead to claim any outstanding PPI.

I have kept all the information but to be honest I would be very surprised to get anything back.

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:07 pm
Just to update on the ongoing saga. I contacted GT and sent them the information they wanted re stat interest and PPI. I asked when I could expect things to be resolved and was told I would get stat interest net of costs but no timescales as some creditors still investigating the claim. So I emailed EIC to chase this up and ask how much longer this could go on and what was being done to conclude things. EIC claim to have sent GT everything and sent a breakdown of all creditors responses and stated that they had concluded their investigation and told GT as much! So as ever, being messed around by GT and being fobbed off with vague, inaccurate excuses. Needless to say I have forwarded the email from EIC to Gt and am now awaiting a response! So for those of you out there in the same boat, it might be worth chasing up. It will be 10 years in July this year since I started the IVA and whilst my payments stopped after 5 years, nearly 4 years later and things still aren't completely finalised!

Judo

Post by Judo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm
I too received this letter from GT this week. I have received very little correspondence from creditors with regards to PPI claims that EIC are undertaking on our behalf but will send the little info I do have. Didn't think I would have any PPI to begin with to be honest yet so far they have got nearly 8k from it. Would be lovely to receive a little refund from them for statutory interest but I won't worry about this til my IVA comes to an end.

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 pm
Thanks for the update foreverbroke.

I cannot understand why GT are asking for this information when they themselves appointed EIC to do the PPI investigations and both companies stand to get a fair amount of any successful claims.

I will not be forwarding any further information to them, they can sort it out between themselves.
Katy

siorghra

Post by siorghra » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:01 pm
We got that letter too. EIC and GT are utterly useless. There is no communication between them or to me about the PPI. I have absolutely no idea if I have any due as they don't actually bother telling me anything.

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm
Agreed, there seems to be little if any communication and the advice I have received isn't accurate. I am still waiting for a response from GT re my queries about EIC clearly stating they have concluded investigations. Not sure what excuse they can come up with now to delay things further. Am sure they'll think of something!

PaoloDiCanio

Post by PaoloDiCanio » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:18 pm
I am so glad others are having problems with this. I've fired off a long email to GT today.

I got notified that I had a C£7k refund due from a Lloyds loan (£1300 Stat Interest) at the start of November.

EIC sent me a schedule in November saying only company they hadn't yet heard from was Nationwide, pointed out this was only an Overdraft and they said they'd get everything sorted.

Mid November EIC told me they were just awaiting payment from GT on case.

Asked GT, said they didn't know anything (In December)

Mid January I enquired again only (GT) only to be told them there was no Stat interest due, as they couldn't get details from EIC.

I emailed EIC, who then sent me full PDF with level of Stat interest which I forwarded onto GT, I also have an email from EIC which says this is closed.

GT now refuse to accept the case and I had an argument yesterday as was told by customer service 'That was there final line on matter'

It's so frustrated being a piggy in the middle. My gut instinct would be GT aren't playing ball, as I've had so much trouble with them every time I have had to contact them.

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:53 pm
Hi PaoloDiCanio, that is a bit worrying about GT just stating the case is closed and that's final. Did you sign the spotty letter re PPI? I have just sent yet another email, this time stating that I want a response within 5 working days with an accurate timescale for resolving matters and also advising them that I expect this to be treated as a formal complaint, citing their inefficiency and lack of customer service as the issues. It just seems totally unacceptable that they are able to get away with providing such appalling service. I can't help feeling suspicious that they are now going to try and withdraw their promise of 8% stat interest payable net of costs. To be honest it's not the money so much as the frustration of having to chase everything up and being either fobbed off or ignored constantly. I just want the matter concluded as this has gone on now for nearly 9 years in total despite never missing a payment during the iva. I had to complain just to get the completion certificate and that took over 2 years.

PaoloDiCanio

Post by PaoloDiCanio » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 pm
Well my two problems are really a) They say they haven't been informed that there is Stat Interest, and b) Saying everything is EICs fault when they've told me they've completed, been invoiced and probably paid.

I did do the Spotty envelope, to be fair despite my reservations that they are taking a huge amount out of my creditors pot EIC have been very good and got back to me for everything within 48 hours.

Jayne.pn

Post by Jayne.pn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 pm
Hi this is such an appalling way for GT to treat their clients, but sadly not a surprise.
PaoloDiCanio do you have the email address for EIC please. I feel it's time for all GT customers to start putting pressure on them to end this farce.

foreverbroke

Post by foreverbroke » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:07 pm
Enquiries@expertinsolvencyclaims.co.uk is the email I used and they responded very promptly with all of the information that I requested. They must be aware that GT are misadvising people about where the PPI investigations are up to. Perhaps all of those affected need to be emailing their IP's directly to complain. Are there any experts on the forum that can shed any light as to what this may be about and any advice about how we can get things resolved once and for all?

PaoloDiCanio

Post by PaoloDiCanio » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:35 am
That's the email address I've been using for EIC
52 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”