Creditfix modification of terms & conditions.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
67 posts Page 1 of 5

Rock20

Post by Rock20 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:33 am
Hi all,

Just had a call from Creditfix saying that they will be sending me modifications to our IVA, which they have asked that I duly sign and return.

This is too bring our PJG T&Cs inline with Credifix clients.

What's peoples views on this matter?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:39 am
I see no reason why you need to agree to any changes but read over them first. It may only be procedural and not affect you but if in doubt you could get legal advice. You are entitled to ask what these changes will mean to you before you agree to sign anything.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Rock20

Post by Rock20 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:43 am
Thanks Michael.

I did ask them too explain over the phone but they were evasive.

They are emailing them to me for consideration.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 am
It will be interesting to see what these proposed changes are. When we were "taken over" we were asked to agree changes which were highlighted as mainly to allow smooth closure with regard to PPI. However, there were other terms hidden in the body of the agreement, including a fee hike.

You cannot be complelled to agree. Read very carefully.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 am
Excellent advice from Michael as an expert and Foggy as someone who has experience of this situation. As they say read thoroughly, ask questions and if in any doubt do not sign.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

stevie43

Post by stevie43 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am
Surely they cannot make you sign? Can they default the iva if you don't?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:51 am
No, stevie, they cannot make you sign. In my case I refused, as I saw no benefit to me, and my arrangement continued on it's previously agreed terms.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:23 pm
Here we go, its starting !!

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:44 pm
Here we go.
More worried now than pre iva regarding finances. At least then we were in control. This whole takeover has given me sleepless nights more than i ever used to have.
Are any experts intouch with Mel and able to feedback any of this? I realise shes pretty powerless now and cant help but perhaps she should be aware of what shes dropped 900+ ex-clients into. Im seriously considering coming clean to family and seeing if any kind F&F is feasible to release us from this nightmare.

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:06 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Rock20

Hi all,

Just had a call from Creditfix saying that they will be sending me modifications to our IVA, which they have asked that I duly sign and return.

This is too bring our PJG T&Cs inline with Credifix clients.

What's peoples views on this matter?
When they arrive, please post here the differences.

If they do the same to me, I won't sign unless it benefits me.

If they charge more fees, it might seem like that makes no difference to you but it ultimately means less paid off your debts.

That may have no effect in the end, but it might if things go wrong.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 pm
So collectively I am guessing that the new T&Cs should all be the same ? So in that case, we can all decide togther !?
Last edited by ridingthestorm on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ridingthestorm

Im going to dig my heels in now......
Easy Tiger... we have no idea what the changes are yet.

They might be trivial or even (dreaming away here) better than PJG.

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:39 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ridingthestorm

So collectively I am guessing that the new T&Cs should all be the same ? So in that case, we can all decide togther !?
I like your thinking.

Who knows, it might even bring them to the forum.

Desperate Bob

Post by Desperate Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:45 pm
Just had the phone call, I asked if this will change anything I agreed with PJG, for example secured lending and was told yes there are a few changes.

Wont be signing if there are any.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:12 pm
I bet there are a few changes !! I was happy with my PJG T&Cs and if they cant make you sign anything legally, then its a waste of time them sending anything out to me. And before we hear "just wait and see and give them a chance" we have ! Two forums posts. One about charging two months upfront to setup an IVA and the other about pushing people down the IVA route which in the grand scheme of things wasnt the best solution for the individual.

rant over ! Sorry guys....... why do all these things always happen over the weekend.
Last edited by ridingthestorm on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D
67 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”