Quick query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
38 posts Page 1 of 3

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 pm
Hi everyone , as posted in the friends section I am awaiting a call back to hopefully go ahead with an IVA , all debts in my name , approx 28k , my i & e includes joint income as mine alone barely covers rent and CT , it's with steps change , will they require partners pay slips ? On the print out they sent it has 'enquirer' after my wages ?? Anyone enlighten me ? I think I have been fairly true on budget as it has been tight anyway .., over £800 in CC and loan to pay and budgeted after that , just about kept head above water but now Other half is on half wage due to having to go part time so I will be about the same if fingers crossed its accepted , quoted 140 but this seems low and I'm worried it will be refused !
I put 570 for food toiletries etc and 100 for petrol ( it's prob more ) is this reasonable ! Me pRtner and a 7 year old ? Any answers or advice appreciated , feeling quite sick ! And alone as partner t isn't keen and think he believes a money fairy will appear and solve it all ;) but he's ok for me to go ahead just not very supportive .., telephone appointment next tues ! Been gathering all statements etc ... Really need to do this
IVA accepted 15 April 2015

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 pm
From what I understand Stepchange may do things based on household income to decide what is available - if your partner is not fully on board this may cause further problems between you.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:43 pm
Not ThAts he's not on board more so he's just complacent, prob cod it's not his debt ! ( only cos he has a low credit rating and he has certainly benefitted ! ) I intend to go ahead as there is no other solution tbh ! I'm sure he will give payslips .. Only issue is it's his second month on half pay and moth months show a deficit of 375 as the company ( local council ) over paid some sick pay ) just worried it will make the disposable income too low when in reality once in the IVa it will be ok ! Oh my head is spinning !!!any idea what the' enquirer ' means ? And is the budget amount too high ! Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate all replies

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Well I lost my last post !! So sorry for the typos in previous post ! Blind as a bat on phone is not a good idea ! On iPad and a bottle of red (tesco cheapest of course;)) oH sulking upstairs , 7 year old weaned off Xbox and in bed , 21 year old gone the pub oblivious ! Just me and the dog ! No one to talk too except myself ! Il worry more when I answer ! Just praying all goes well and excepted .... Heading for a breakdown other wise !! ( my staff will find me under my desk rocking on of these days !! .. Got to laugh or I will cry .... Lots ! ... Bet you can't wait for my blog once ... If .... All goes to plan .... Il keep you posted ( poor you ;) ) .... Ramblings of a mad woman. I know .... ( really .. who gave me a management job ? .. If only they knew !!!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:43 pm
Enquirer probably just means that at this stage that is what the IVA company regards you as - an "enquirer".

This is a 5 year commitment so make sure that you fully understand that and at times you may wish you had gone bankrupt instead (1 year and in most cases thats it).

Also make sure you are really comfortable with the company that you are dealing with.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 pm
Hi. Current maximum allowance for food, toiletries etc are £354 per couple plus £86 per child and £138 per extra adult. Fuel and parking is around £125 guide and £200 maximum.

At the end of the day the disposable income has to be enough to make a viable payment.

Step Change are, in part, funded by the banks and have a good working relationship with them. They handle 1000's of IVA's which is a two edged sword and means you will never get to speak to your IP and any problems have to be sorted with an administrator who, in turn, will run back to the IP for advice if needed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 pm
Thanks guys , I do understand the full implications and even if it comes back at more than the aprox 140 I'm sure it I will be no worse of than before at full wage ! Considering debts are unlikely to be met before I'm dead and buried ! For example I pay one bsrclaycard 175 per month and they put 150 interest on !! Plus vanquis and Aqua who are similar !! Ready to embrace it if it goes in my favour .. Barclays are main creditors inc a bank loan and probably hold just under the 75% ... Hers hoping

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:00 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

Enquirer probably just means that at this stage that is what the IVA company regards you as - an "enquirer".

This is a 5 year commitment so make sure that you fully understand that and at times you may wish you had gone bankrupt instead (1 year and in most cases thats it).

Also make sure you are really comfortable with the company that you are dealing with.
off course that's what enquirer means on reflection ! God how dim does that make me !! Looking too deep as per usual ! Thank you , I do feel IVA is the best option as I do I have the means to pay at ,least 150 + and have read enough info to make my eyes bleed and my brain hurt ! . I don't want to go down the bankruptcy route so here's hoping il be approved for IVA

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:13 pm
This sounds like a straightforward case but after speaking with Stepchange it would be worth getting a second opinion from the independent sector. You want to make sure you receive the right advice for your family and not your creditors.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

dancer

Post by dancer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:14 pm
As someone who has just made their last payment to a company funded by the banks I would definitely recommend speaking to an independent company before making a decision!

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by dancer

As someone who has just made their last payment to a company funded by the banks I would definitely recommend speaking to an independent company before making a decision!
Sounds concerning , please can you explAin why for me ?

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 pm
I am with Stepchange myself with just a few payments left. My fuel allowance is quite high as well as my car maintenance due to having a big thirsty but old car, as long as you can justify the use Stepchange I quite OK with this.

My payments started out at £130 but now at £180 due to pay rises each year, changed at annual review not during the year so don't worry about your payments being low. I owed around £27,000 when I took the step to start my IVA.

Good luck whoever you decide to go with.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:42 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ST1100

I am with Stepchange myself with just a few payments left. My fuel allowance is quite high as well as my car maintenance due to having a big thirsty but old car, as long as you can justify the use Stepchange I quite OK with this.

My payments started out at £130 but now at £180 due to pay rises each year, changed at annual review not during the year so don't worry about your payments being low. I owed around £27,000 when I took the step to start my IVA.

Good luck whoever you decide to go with.
Thank you that reassuring :) looking forward to call on tues in a weird kind of way ! They have suggested a barclays cAsh acount ( and have sent me an application form with a covering letter ) even though barclays are my main creditor ,surly they wouldn't do so if a chance barclays could offset funds ?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 pm
Don't do it and find someone else that you dont owe money to.

Yorkshire bank might be an option or coop

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

Don't do it and find someone else that you dont owe money to.

Yorkshire bank might be an option or coop
was thinking sounds a bit risky ! I haven't sent it off ! Got the number for co op so will ring them on mon !
38 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”