Question on which Company to use

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
30 posts Page 1 of 2

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:22 am
Hi,
I'm looking at a IVA and i've found this forum and site very useful and full of information. I've been looking at a number of companies and wanted to get any positive or negative feedback on Money Expert. So far, I've found them very helpful and understanding.
Last edited by Mark_H2 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dancer

Post by dancer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:30 am
I would use a small company where the IP is happy to deal directly with clients when necessary - there seem to be quite a few good ones on here who regularly give excellent advice.

althas

Post by althas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:51 am
indeed so. I will second that, Dancer

Have a quick flick over to iva.com and select 2 or 3 IP's and give them a call for an initial chat. You will see that they are all reviewed by the people that matter, their clients

Remember that you will be dealing with these people for potentialy 6 upto 6 years so you must feel comfortable with them. I personally went with Melonie Giles and her team, and have nothing but praise for them all

Good luck on your journey and let us know how it is going
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 am
thanks for the quick replies. I'm happy with how I'm being dealt with so far. I just wanted to understand if any other people have dealt with them and how there experience was. I believe they will appoint an IP but they have not done that yet as I have only just had the conversation with them.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 am
Make sure and get more than one opinion as it costs nothing. Some sites advocate the bank funded 'charity'sector so it is also worth checking with the private professional sector too. This is important as five or six years is a long time and you want a firm that will support you all the time and not just until approval.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am
Go with your gut. Give a few a call, it costs nothing. We went with Cleardebt and they have been great. Read some of the blogs which give lots of info too.

Five or six years is a long time and things happen out of the blue. You need to be confident that your IP will be helpful during these times.

Good luck!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 am
Hi and welcome

I think the best advice is to speak with several experts/companies and explore all options

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am
The problem here (or potential problem) is that you have no idea which firm you might be handed on to. The people you have been dealing with thus far are great, yes, but who will you be signed up with in the end ?

To be honest all firms will be sweetness and light until you sign on the dotted line and are then, effectively, trapped for the duration. It is the care and attention you get THEN which sets the good guys apart from the monsters.

Chat to a few IVA providers direct, be more in control of your fate.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:23 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Would I have the option to select a ip and tell the company who I want to use ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:25 pm
I know that Vincent Bond give you the option to choose -- I don't know about other companies. There is nothing stopping you from contacting the companies yourself.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

dancer

Post by dancer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 pm
Do you mean select a company & tell MoneyExpert who you want to use?
If you know which IP you want to go with then just approach their company direct.

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:28 pm
Yes, that what I meant. Until yesterday I did not even know how the via worked. Still learning very quickly !!!!!

I suppose I can ask money expert who my IP will be and talk to them before I sign anything.

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:15 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Michael Peoples

Make sure and get more than one opinion as it costs nothing. Some sites advocate the bank funded 'charity'sector so it is also worth checking with the private professional sector too. This is important as five or six years is a long time and you want a firm that will support you all the time and not just until approval.
Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted a Iva payment calculator on your website this evening. I look forward to a follow up call and discussion.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:37 pm
I hope it went well with our firm. I have been out of the office at a wedding in Southend so hopefully one of my colleagues has been able to help.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:28 am
Michael's firm is well respected on the forum. As others have said it's always best to take the opinion of 2 or 3 and you can go to an IP direct.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
30 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”