Who do I complain to about the service I am NOT getting from DFD.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 pm
Hello I'm currently in an iva and it's now been nearly six and a half years since I started the iva process ,I'm fed up with debt free direct as the give you no communication on when it will come to an end and believe me it's one way communication,me....
I have followed all the process and all ppi claims and forms have been done by myself and returned then all information sent to debt free direct ,over a year ago ,and yet I'm still awaiting the outcome...not only can I not move on in life as iva holds you back it's getting very annoying .this is why I'm asking for help as I think I have been placed on the back shelf and I need to know who do I complain about the service I am Not Getting from debt free direct ,please advise...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:11 pm
Hi. First you need to complain to DFD using there own complaints process. If this doesn't produce a satisfactory outcome you can then complain to their regulators using this link:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/insolvency ... ts-Gateway
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Hi Jason.66,

Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your concerns further.

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards,
Ashley Rainford
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Ryan.01

Post by Ryan.01 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:15 pm
Hi Jason.66

I know how you're feeling about the one way communication with DFD!
Have you had any success after this post?

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 pm
I was contacted from DFD and no surprises here they said they needed more ppi information to be sent to them ,they have not even contacted me over this ,and I have already sent all the information I had,I have sent e-mails now to DFD and asked them to forward what they want but I think they are stalling for time if so then look out...
But my next step is to raise an official compliant with DFD and then if I don't get response I wanted ,then the form provided above will be sent with all the information against DFD.

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:45 pm
Owe and people out their it's been nearly seven years ago since I started the iva ,so don't hold your breath by using DFD...

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm
Hello Jason.66,
Please send me an email (address in my profile) and myself or a member of the Forum Support Team will review your case in further detail.
Thanks
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:32 am
Hello Evette ,I looked into your profile and noted that it's another e-mail to DFD customer support team which I have already contacted several times ,
So not shore why you can not see into what is going on from them ,

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:16 am
Just to keep an update still awaiting closure ,half the company's they want PPI claims have already been pursued ,just another time wasting exercise fromDFD,
Complaints going in now and media posts are going to be forwarded to other sights about how much DFD are dragging their feet on allot of cases.....

zander

Post by zander » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:26 pm
Hi Jason.66 DFD are a waste of time in it for making money. It's not complaints that's needed it's finding out what Laws they are breaking by holding on to your C.C. once you have paid your final payment and done what they have asked you to do. They can collect your PPI's that are due (if any) as part of your agreement with holding your C.C, am sure there breaking the Law. Love to find out if any one has challenged this. Zander.

jill109

Post by jill109 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 am
I think dfd should be investigated we too had hardly any communication when they do reply none of our issues are addressed. We made our final payment I january. We have no equity or ppi but now they want 12 more payments even though it clearly states in our arrangement this would only happen if we had equity but were unable to obtain a lender.
So far we have received 226 texts saying text back 'yes' so we can make changes to your iva.
We have now gone to another legal body who has agreed dfd is acting unlawfully and are taking it further.

jimbob1981

Post by jimbob1981 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:13 am
Hi Jill109...who have you gone to seek help, as I feel this is the option I will have to take. 2.5 years after last payment. Also what are the fees?
We could boycott the headquarters and Carry out a protest tipping off the press. ..mind with the amount of frustration against dfd..I doubt it would be peaceful.

maximoose

Post by maximoose » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:54 am
We also had been told by DFD that we would have too pay an extra years payments in lieu of equity, even though we are in negative equity. When questioned they said it was at the supervisors discretion. That is not what our paperwork says, and our chairmans report doesn't even mention equity. Depending on who you speak to on any given day, you get completely contradictory and confusing information. They are the worst company to deal with EVER!

Til

Post by Til » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 am
Maximoose - please have a read of my thread here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=1

We had similar issues regarding equity but DFD were happy to cancel the extension when we proved we did not have any equity.

DFD used a 'desktop valuation' for our house which got it wrong so when we sent them the written estate agents valuations showing the correct value they were very helpful and cancelled the extension.

Hope this helps.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

maximoose

Post by maximoose » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:50 pm
Thanks Til, so confusing isn't it, you would hope really that the company would use the same sort of wording on everyone IVA's rather than changing it from one person's to another. We will challenge them when we get to mth 54, so thank you for the advice.
Last edited by maximoose on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”