DFD Closure Process

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 1 of 2

Til

Post by Til » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:56 pm
Well as promised DFD got the corrected Variation sent out to us today so I have authorised them to circulate it to our creditors.

For anyone reading this our background is that we just paid our last monthly payment to DFD after 74 months (6 year IVA with 2 month extension due to payment breaks). We investigated all PPI ourselves as I didn't feel I could trust EIF. We proved NO PPI existed except a small amount with Nationwide who chose to offset it to themselves.

Therefore DFD advised that a variation is needed to allow our closure to progress and to notify the creditors we have done the PPI ourselves and to confirm that any that might arise in future will be claimed by the IVA, even after closure.

I am now crossing everything that the creditors will accept the variation to allow PPI to be dealt with outside the IVA and therefore allow DFD to process our closure as swiftly as possible.

If anyone else has been through similar I'd love to hear how it's gone or any tips ... in the meantime please keep everything crossed for us and I will keep you updated on the process...
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Til

Post by Til » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:35 am
Just had an email from DFD confirming that our Creditors Meeting for the Variation is set for 24 Oct at 10:30am.

Seems strange to have a meeting date set and takes me back to when we were waiting for that all important answer at the very start!

Just hope it all runs smoothly so that our closure won't be held up.

If anyone has had a similar experience of a variation at the end to deal with PPI I would love to hear about how it went?
Last edited by Til on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Til

Post by Til » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:45 am
I week to go until our Variation meeting and I'm getting nerves like when we first started the IVA! Silly I know.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:14 am
Seems reasonable for creditors to approve the variation as everything seems covered. Fingers crossed here too but after 74 months you have paid your dues. Best of luck with the meeting.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Til

Post by Til » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am
Thanks Michael ... its certainly been a long slog but hopefully the official end is in sight.

Til

Post by Til » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:38 am
Woo hoo! Just spoken to DFD and our Variation has been approved![:D]

So relieved as this means we can now move forward through the closure process and that pesky PPI issue won't slow us down.

They have said we will get a Chairmans Report (just like we did at the outset) to sign and return and then our file should be passed to closure team.

I will let you know how things go from here just in case anyone else is going through he same thing.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 am
Great news Til and good work by DFD. Hopefully you get your certificate soon but the main thing is you are now officially debt free! Well done and have a great weekend with possibly a couple of cold ones.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Til

Post by Til » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:26 pm
Wow! I've just heard from DFD that, following on from our Variation, we should be receiving our CC and Final Report in around 2 weeks!!!!

I know DFD have had bad press on here from time to time but I have always found that they have been great with us and fair.

This just goes to show that DFD's process of a variation with Deed of Assignment to close cases affected by PPI really does work. Hopefully this will give hope to anyone else with DFD who has been affected by PPI issues.

I am so happy right now I could squeal and I'll excitedly await receiving the CC and Final Report!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 pm
That's great news! I too am hoping for the magic piece of paper to say it's officially over. Two weeks would be great but before Christmas will do!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 pm
Fingers crossed the messenger pigeons are on steroids :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Til

Post by Til » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:15 pm
Well today was the day! DFD came through exactly as promised, and our Completion certificates arrived in the post!!! Whoop whoop!!! [:D]

To say I am relieved doesn't seem the right word. I think I am slightly dazed to be honest!

I have to say, as it's only fair to give credit where it's due, that DFD have been brilliant with us throughout our IVA. Extra special thanks must go to Judith at DFD for her repeated help over the years. On more than one occasion Judith helped us sort things out. And also huge thanks to Ashley at DFD who recently started helping us with the Variation and most wonderfully the super speedy closure. I am so grateful to them and they were honestly great to deal with and true to their word throughout.

Just for anyone interested in time scales ... it has been 6 years and 3 months since we started (thanks Northern Rock lol). We made our final payment 39 days ago. Our variation to sort out PPI was agreed 21 days ago. And today we had those all important certificates!!! So chuffed with the closure process!

It's also true to say that I doubt I could have got through this 6 and a bit years without the invaluable help of the forum and all the people who take their time to reply and advise (especially the moderators and experts). Thank you so much and I hope I can continue to pop in to help here and there and see how others get on.

So sorry for the War & Peace epic waffle but today is a very happy day and I think it may have to be a little tipple tonight!

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:44 pm
Congratulations Til ... you know what's next ....

..... Onward and Upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:06 pm
Congrats! My final payment was 27th October. I am hoping Cleardebt can sort things quickly. Time scales vary so much as ccircumstances do. I am hoping we are easy cases!

Enjoy your debt free Christmas! Great start for 2015.

Til

Post by Til » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:29 pm
Thanks Foggy & Relieved :) I hope your closure is as fast as ours was Relieved - a debt free Christmas is certainly the best present we could have asked for.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:02 pm
Hubby's certificate of completion has been received this morning! Just over 6 weeks since final paymen . I am surprised that with the official documents there is an actual card certificate with best wishes from Cleardebt!

I know I have said it before, but thank you all. The forum has been there from the start and I hope that Jan, Skippy, Helen etc still read and accept my thanks as well as the regulars still here.

Without wishing to go into Oscars mode, thank you to all at Cleardebt especially Bella and Bernadette.

I loved reading that people had completed; it gave me hope. The roller coaster that is an iva is worth the relief when it's completed.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”