Credit Report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:11 pm
Hi All!!,

Not been on for a while but was hoping for some post IVA advice please?

One of our accounts on our credit file has been updated in may saying it will be reported until 2021!!! Another 6 years.

This account was part of our iva and was completed in March.

Can this company do this?

Our iva started 2nd October 2009 and will drop off credit file this October.

Please help.

Many thanks
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 am
No is the simple answer. Write to them enclosing a copy of your completion certificate and request it be removed. Given them four weeks to amend it and if not changed inform them you will take it further ... normally they act quickly ...its usually just two departments not talking to each other in the company.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:33 am
There is a template that can be adapted here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

About half way down the page.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:32 am
Thank you Luluj and foggy
I have wrote to the reference agencies and attached our completion certificate.
However, call credit are saying that the creditors do not have to set the default date to the start of the iva....they can set it for whenever they like? :(
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:38 am
The default date has to be as close to the IVA as possible otherwise it is a breach of the Data Protection Act because it is not accurate.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:42 am
The default date has to reflect when the originally agreed arrangement broke down -- which is when you entered the IVA, or prior to that if you stopped making payments well beforehand.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:55 am
It should be set at the date the IVA started as Foggy says - they cannot keep defaulting after that date.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 am
On the account in question we did stop payments at least one month before IVA commenced.

Credit ref agency seem to be being a bit funny about this dont they?

What can I do if they won't amend it?

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:58 am
Well it been set from may of this year with call credit and states it will be reported until may 2021! :(

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 am
You need to go back to the original creditor asking them to amend otherwise you will complain to the ICO and/or go to county court under s10 of the DPA.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 am
They cannot keep reporting this as a default - it has to be removed.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:35 pm
Hi Christabelle_sparkle,

Who is the creditor, and are you saying that they had not defaulted this account at all until after you completed your IVA ?

As has been posted above, you will need to go through the whole process of writing to them and then officially complaining to the ICO.

Unfortunately this incorrect credit file recording seems to becoming more prevalent, especially by a few certain creditors.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 pm
Thanks All

Yes goosed that seems to of happened here. The creditor is HSBC. I have tried contacting them about it, they passed me through 4 different depts and the last one said they had no record of the account ever existing even in their archives?... Im really worried about this now. As can't seem to get any joy from creditor however they intend to report the account till may 2021!!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:25 am
The account history on my credit report show's like this -

Oct 09 1 (missed payment, IVA started this month)
Nov 09 2
Dec 09 3
Jan 10 4
Feb 10 through to April 15 IN ( which means inactive/dormant)
May 15 PS (partial settlement)

IVA completed and COC received March 15.

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:34 pm
Hi again.

I was also wondering how will I know that the RX1 has been removed from my property?
Is there a way we can check?

Many thanks
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”