Was my IVA finished in May officially or August ? Do I need to chase for CC ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

Alison.88

Post by Alison.88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:06 pm
My iva would have finished in may and i have completed a annual review then. I have three payments to make as i had taken three payment breaks in my iva which august will be tge last one. I spoke to a lady in freeman jones about cancelling the direct debit after last payment and she said cancel after a week after the last payment just to make sure. I asked was there anything else i need to do which she replied that she was missing 2 payslips and thats it. So i sent them in an email straight after our phone conversation.
I want to know is that it after august, ive completed? Do i need to ring them again to ask for cc? Was my iva finished in may officially or in august?

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:29 am
No all that will happen in August is you will finish payments the IVA then will move to closure - However your IVA is not completed till you get you completion certificate. You will be still bounds to some of the terms of the IVA until you get that certificate

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:46 am
FJ aren't too bad at closing cases down, but do sometimes need a joggle. Personally, I used to like to keep in touch with my lot regularly, whether things were going as planned or not :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:01 am
You may have finished making your payments bu your IVA will remain open until your IP sends you your CC. Keep pressure on them to close.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Alison.88

Post by Alison.88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:30 pm
Thats good to hear, i will ring freeman jones when i have paid the last payment in august and ask to send my cc as soon as possible.
Thanks foggy and ginger for your replies much appreciated

SUC

Post by SUC » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:00 pm
Once your IVA F@F has been paid over do you still have to declare extra overtime income after that and until you receive your completion certificate

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:04 pm
No you don't - once you have made that final payment then your money is yours to do with as you will.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 pm
Not usually although you could still be caught for windfalls.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:25 pm
Good point Michael - I'd forgotten about that!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:29 pm
It rarely happens but even so once the full and final has been paid the IP should get the CC out as quickly as possible.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 pm
In a nutshell, until that CC arrives, after the final payment you are liable to pay over unearned income (inheritance, lottery win, asset disposal, PPI ) ... earned income (or job related) (salary, overtime, bonus payments) are yours and of no further interest.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

SUC

Post by SUC » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:23 pm
No just straight foreward overtime worked. Thanks for advice

Alison.88

Post by Alison.88 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:48 pm
I had a phone call from freeman jones thursday just gone. Asking to email more payment slips from certain months that tgey said i havent sent. I had sent them previously but they hadnt got them for some reason but sent the original payslips again by post saturday to make sure they had them. They should recieve them by tuesday hopefully.
Do you think fj have already started closure as they are looking at my file and collecting last payslips, tidying up the loose ends ready for my completion certificate. Last payment is 6th august.
I dont think they have ever rang me before except beginning of iva

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 am
They're just checking to make sure that your payments are all up to date before starting closure. Check with them to make sure that you can cancel your DD after the 6th.
Bob Marley.

Alison.88

Post by Alison.88 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:27 pm
Thank you for advice. I had a message from fj today saying that tgey have recieved the last payslips that they needed. So i guess they are sorting it all out for closure.
I rang them last week to ask about cancelling dd after the 6th aug my last payment. They said to pay last payment and wait a week just incase and then cancel dd. Is this usually the case?
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”