Month 54?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:18 pm
So if my first payment was Feb 2012 have I reached month 54? In which case should I have been contacted about equity release question? Or should I approach Creditfix ( sigh!!!) How do I obtain rejections? Would a screen shot of an online refusal suffice? I know when I had to get a valuation at the start I failed dismally the agent refused a written valuation, i know I have equity so an inflated Zoopla valuation won't really matter

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:27 pm
Your own mortgage company should provide you with a rejection and you may need one other - make sure it is a soft search though so that it won't show on your credit record.

You can pay for a valuation or you can ask for a forced sale and say you are looking to move, which is what I did.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:36 pm
I have no idea what a soft search is or how I do one? If I have loads of equity is it worth bothering to pay for a forced sale valuation? [:I]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 pm
It is up to you and if you are happy with Zoopla then go with it.

A soft search is when nothing shows up on your credit report - not sure which mortgage companies do them but check with your IP to see if one rejection will be enough. I just had a letter from mine and my secured loan provider to say they wouldn't loan me anything else.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:12 pm
Are mortgage companies informed of the IVA? bit worried about stirring up a hornets nest?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:18 pm
Yes they are - as soon as you have your IVA they are told. Mine told me I was bankrupt!!
Bob Marley.

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:24 pm
so no danger of them withdrawing my Mortgage? [xx(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:27 pm
None as long as you keep paying it
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:32 pm
One of the main thrusts of an IVA is to allow you to keep your home -- as long as you pay your mortgage, the amount for which will be ringfenced in your allowances, you will be OK.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 pm
i will give Creditfix until my anniversary date then email my caseworker, i am dreading it (secured loan convo,) I have not seen many people posting experience of this part with Credifix

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:15 pm
Credit fix should tell you what they require of you to satisfy the remortgage and valuation position.

You might find the onus is on you to approach them with it per your proposals,rather than the other way around. If you wait another 6 months to the anniversary you may therefore breach your IVA.

Recommend you contact asap.
Last edited by Lisa Thomas on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:23 pm
From previous posts on the subject CF tend to just go down the extension route, rather than argue over secured loans.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:32 pm
Have emailed.....

headbanger

Post by headbanger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 pm
This is my first entry in years and how spooky as I about was about to post a very similar thread.
I was moved over from PJG Recovery to CF. Since moving over I have had very little contact by them. I rang them today as I am at month 57 and not had anything through equity release clause. The lady from CF said someone will work out if I need to pay for another year. I said should I not be getting a valuation on my house, settlement figure for secured loan and balance of mortgage so a calculation can be made to see if ive got 5K equity or not. if less than 5K my iva will end in three months. if over 5K trigger equity release.

Lady said theres no need. they will let me know if the 12 month extension is needed.How can they calculate without me providing info
Started a DMP sept '09
IVA since Dec '11
Completion Certificate Dec '16

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:04 pm
I would definitely have thought they would have wanted a valuation - challenge them again.
Bob Marley.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”