Finnished!!!!!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
38 posts Page 1 of 3

baldy

Post by baldy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:07 am
[:D]
Hi everybody,i cannot believe i am typing this out this morning but yesterday we received our completion certificates!!!!
Nineteen days from our last payment.

I really want to thank quite a few people on this site who have helped us so many times through our IVA.

Mel,who was always on here when we first started and was a massive help.

Andy.. Kallis...Foggy...Size 5...Lisa T...and ALL the other people who gave their advise along the way.Im sure things would have been much more difficult without this site so " THANK YOU".

I would like to say a big Thank You to "STEP CHANGE" I know from time to time I have had a few rants but they have been very fair and helpful when things have not gone to plan.

I guess looking back now that we are out of it, it has gone pretty quick.
The hardest thing to do for me was to actually ring a company up and I guess admit we were actually in financial trouble. I don't know if that's a bloke thing but it was difficult. BUT looking back it was the right thing to do for our family.

I think the other thing I found very difficult was NOT being able to share it with a few friends. One or two we told but no family members knew. I suppose they wont know why we are a lot happier now either!!

Its not always plain sailing in the IVA but it does teach you a few valuable lessons especially to budget!! Ours has gone fairly smooth if I am honest, the last few months were pretty stressful just because you can see the finish line but it seemed ages to get there!!!

Anyway, we went out to dinner last night just the two of us!!! Still pinching ourselves but was a really nice feeling.

To everybody who is still doing theirs, keep going, try not to spend too much time thinking about it. It will finnish and you will feel so much better knowing all that effort that you put into it will have made you DEBT FREE!!!!.

Once again THANK YOU!! I will still be reading the posts on here, its what ive been doing for the last six and a half years!!

Take care everybody.

Regards

Baldy & Family[:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:13 am
Hi Baldy,

Excellent post and well done on finishing totally.

Thank you for your kind words and hopefully you can continue to post to help others.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:19 am
Well Done on finishing, it's a great feeling!! I like you got my completion certificate very quickly too so you know it's all over.

Good luck for the future!
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 am
Congratulations. It does feel like a long road when you're in your Iva (I'm in year 6) but I'm pleased to read how our feels to finish. Best of luck!
Iva completed with a F&F. Completion certificate received Jan 2017

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:12 am
Great post, Baldy. Well done to you, your family and to StepChange.

I think admitting financial troubles is a British thing -- compounded by the "bloke element", and getting started is the biggest hurdle. But, once that first call is made it does get easier to make a few more.

I think the trick is to roll with the punches and don't, as some do, try to resist the IVA along the way ... go with it, don't fight it. Make sure you know what your role and responsibilities are and help steer the boat.

But ... now ... enjoy debt freedom :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

watzki

Post by watzki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:24 pm
Congratulations baldy and heres to a debt free future.
Not long for us either 73 months into our iva just 3 more payments and we're finished
Today 1st of December 2016 the vultures finally flew away

AlfieMoon

Post by AlfieMoon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:49 pm
Wow congratulations - I know how you feel we finished our's in July this year and it still seems unreal. Can anyone tell me how to check our credit score. I have joined Noodle for free but there appears to be some people who feel their score is worthless! Any views?

luna

Post by luna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:55 pm
Congratulations Baldy,

We have had our final review with Stepchange and our last payment is 1st Sept,

Hope our certificates arrive as quickly as yours.

Regards.
IVA completed with StepChange.
Last payment Sept 2016 CC Oct 2016

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:01 pm
The numerical "score" is just there for us uninitiated .... it actually means nothing and isn't seen by creditors. Noddle is run by Call Credit, who are the new kid on the block. They did get off to a shaky start but seem to be improving as more creditors report to and use them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:55 am
Baldy - great feedback on your journey. Lovely to read how the forum helped you over the time in your iva and how you have moved forward with things.
Good luck in the future and please stay connected to ths forum - its how others get through their journeys with support from those who have gone through the experience !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:43 am
Well done baldy,

It`s a great feeling eh?

You started your IVA, and forum posting not long after me, it`s great to see we both got there.

All the best for the future.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:29 pm
Fantastic! Well done!!!

hubert

Post by hubert » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:13 pm
Well done!

I long for that day myself...
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:15 pm
You'll get there!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:39 am
You are more than half way Hubert -- hang in there.
38 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”