Still no further forward with receiving CC from DFD since last posting, copied below.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
63 posts Page 1 of 5

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm
Good Evening
I have posted on this forum previously regarding my frustration with DFD and I am still no further to receiving my certificate of completion. I have cut and pasted my recent posting in a vain hope that you can advise. I have contacted customer support who were unable to answer my question and I e mailed Matthew Singleton I believe it is a DFD yesterday and as yet no reply

On June 12th I received a phone call from DFD I returned that call and they stated that they were waiting for my signed Deed of Assignment, now I was a bit vague about this at the time I admit and was a bit unsure what they were talking about, then customer services said they had it then they didn't so today I called again to see what was going on as I had nothing by post.
Then when I checked all my IVA paper work I realised I had actually had this Deed but I had declined because I thought I was close to my PPI claims being completed. Now back in April Equity in Finance did completed all my PPI claims. I have an email from DFD stating that as soon as they had confirmation from EIF my case would be past to completions team.
Today how ever I am told that following EIF work a further 3rd party re looks at all these claims and any that were rejected are re submitted !!!!!! no one has told me this. Apparently the wording PPI matters on the Deed of Assignment refers to this.
I have kept all records and from my understanding any PPI's that were chased and resulted in no payment was because there was no PPI taken out in the first place!!!
Now I will admit that I may have missed something but I cannot tell you how so utterly frustrated and angry I am at this constant battle hence my long reply.
Someone please HELP!!!!!!! - See more at: http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 134#554683

Judith Anderton

Post by Judith Anderton » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:00 am
Dear Newdidit,
Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I or a member of my team can take a look into your case and address your concerns.
Speak soon.
Thanks,
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 am
Do contact Judith as only yesterday a DFD forum client received excellent service and closure to their IVA. There have been problems throughout the entire industry and I am sure DFD, like us all, just want to be able to close cases and move to the next.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 pm
HI newdidit

Don't want to add insult to injury but myself and a couple of other on this forum have just completed F&F offers with Freeman Jones and the 3 of us have received our completion certificates within 3 weeks of final payment clearing, I can't understand how some companies can take so long, if they have too many clients surely they have a moral obligation to not take any new ones until they get on top of the backlog they have (just my opinion) Good luck and hope Judith can help

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:28 pm
Judith I have emailed you with details of my situation thank you for your support.
welshwiz...you have not added insult to injury because I also have a friend who completed with Freeman Jones with none of this hassle whats so ever. It was just so straight forward. Insult to injury is the fact that I made full and final payment in June 2012!!!!!! its has been PPI's that have held this up for so long

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:29 pm
The question I would wish for someone to answer is this....Is 2 years excessive

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:33 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by newdidit

The question I would wish for someone to answer is this....Is 2 years excessive
One would have thought so ... however, it isn't unusual these days !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:38 pm
Really Foggy that is not good news

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 pm
We have many posters in that time scale, I am afraid. If PPI claims are refuted and the claims company go to the Ombudsman, they have an 18 month - 2 year back log alone!

I begs the question why some firms manage to complete in a timely fashion, as they face exactly the same problems !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 pm
In my humble opinion yes it is excessive but as Foggy says not unusual.

My argument has always been how can some close quickly and others take so long?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:51 pm
Surely they complete with a proviso that any poi is paid after completion.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am
Here's hoping Judith and DFD have resolved your case for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:48 pm
Hi Judith, I have emailed you is it possible just for confirmation of receipt as I have not heard anything back thank you

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:14 pm
The only way as I did with dfd is to launch a complaint and gave them a choice of either following the complaint through on the'duty of care'failing accusation or to get the CC to me and we will forget the complaint.

They chose the latter.Avery wise choice!

I do not want to hear about the iva industry having issues.....likewise the banking sector also having issues....the housing market having issues etc.
It is all human incompetence and complicity.
Let get it right the first time.Can be done.
Last edited by TzeKin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 pm
This is just my personal experience that applies to IVAs and most things in general. If you kick up enough of a fuss and cause the offending party enough grief, then they will, if they are able to, resolve your complaint to make you go away!
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt
63 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”