Waiting creditors meeting.

42 posts Page 1 of 3

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 pm
Hi all. Never thought I would find myself in this situation but due to lots of things the pot eventually ran out of money and wolves were knocking on the door so to speak. Anyway after a time with a debt management agency where I ended up owing more to the creditors as nothing was being paid to them an iva was the only option available. But if it means I can pay some of what I owe then has to be better than dreading letters and phone calls. Have to say though I am with grant Thornton after reading some of the comments on here was really wondering if I had done the right thing. But in all honesty Tara murphy and Susie have been amazing I have been kept up to date with all they are doing and they have really worked hard to get the figure to one where I am able to pay and the creditors will get more than they are and would if I went bankcrupt. Hoping that all continues like this and I can finally get to the end of this chapter of my life

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:08 pm
Hello Chelsea and welcome. I started my IVA journey with Tenon, having rejected GT due to their (then) poor completion record. I was subsequently transferred to GT when they took over Tenons case load!

To say I was not pleased would be a massive understatement (and I let GT know this!). But, to my surprise, they "saved my bacon" more than once and I found the front line staff to be excellent. I can't say that I am impressed with the way the company does business, but cannot fault the way my IVA was handled.

Hopefully, when you get to the other end, they will have sorted out the PPI issues and be back to their normally woefully slow processes :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm
Hi and thanks for reply. Luckily no ppi but I already have proof I have none so fingers crossed this will not become an issue. Funny how now I am keeping a record of all my outgoings and incomings. If only I had thought to do this before. But we live and learn. I don't expect the next five years to be plain sailing but not living as I have has been a relief already. I was passed to gt by the debt mangement team I was with and so did not have much say. But so fat as I said they really are doing all they can for me. Although maybe I will be singing a different time after the creditors meeting. Fingers crossed they accept my offer and all goes well. At the moment they have accepted one pound from the debt managent so will receive a great deal more.
Last edited by Chelsea3 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:09 pm
Fingers crossed for you, Chelsea. Believe me, you will come out of this rehabilitated as well as debt free :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 pm
good luck in your journey to debt freedom. Welcome to the forum and do keep posting.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 pm
Well done on taking the step to address your debts. Yeah an IVA can have tricky moments but there is normally a solution if you find you need a payment break etc.

I found it a massive relief to have a budget, write down everything and still have a tiny bit in the bank at the end of each month. Never had a bean left when we were trying to pay our debts.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:01 pm
Which debt management company were you with, Chelsea, and did they recommend Grant Thornton to you, or did you do your own research to find the right firm?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Hope it all works out for you x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:40 am
Thank you for the replies. I have just had the paperwork through and signed it. Had to add a few things too as my nursing registration was not included and need that or can not work. Told gt as do not want it put down as sundries or anything else and then there is a problem later. Melanie - I was with Christians against poverty and they referred me to gt directly. I wish I had gone iva route at the start. They took ages to make contact with creditors and then only one pound to each. Yet I am paying over what gt want. Some of what they take is for savings and bankcrupcy fees. Kazzafunk - I must admit I am now obsessed writing all incomings and outgoings and shocked at how much I was using credit for. My biggest problem like others on here was last year things spiralled as I became ill and had a long time off work which then resulted in using credit cards more and more. I know the road ahead will not be easy but the fact I will not be in debt will be worth it

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 pm
Thank you for that information Chelsea. I think that CAP refer all of their IVA work to GT, but there is nothing to stop anyone from choosing a firm of their own choice either.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 pm
D day 20th august. Am already nervous. Can only hope the offer is approved without any adjustments as it is already going to be tough going and my registration fees for being a nurse not included so 18 to be found from somewhere will have to use less from somewhere else. Did email straight away but email given was not for person dealing with my case so did not get to the right person in time.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:22 pm
This time tomorrow will be either in an iva or wondering what my next step will be. Meeting at 14.30. Already nervous about outcome.

mole

Post by mole » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am
Good luck Chelsea, I was in you position 5 years ago and although have had so humps and bumps, things are nearly at an end of me. Facing up the debts was the best thing I could do and may family are I are looking at a bright future now.

I am sure everything will be fine with your creditors meeting, but if there is a hitch do now panic. My proposal was rejected 3 times until my IP finally managed to get it through (almost 2 weeks after the original creditors meeting).

Best wishes x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am
Best of luck, Chelsea3

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm
Good luck from me too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
42 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “IVA approved!”