Creditfix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
42 posts Page 1 of 3

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Here we go again, just had a call at work from "Shirley asking if i had received the red letter, yes and i have changed SO, ok did you also get the letter in oct?,, yes.. So did you sign and return? .. No i am happy with my T&c's oh no it was to explain how things are changing, no it is my understanding i can stay on my t&cs i do not want to and will not sign,,, oh i will ring you back as you are at work!!! I feel Greg is going to get another email!! How can they say i HAVE TO ACCEPT, we actually I do Not!!!

fruitloop

Post by fruitloop » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 pm
I wondered why my husband and I had missed calls from them on our mobiles, now I know why!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 pm
I don't believe you have to accept the you are within your rights to remain on your original T&C's.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

chocoholic2

Post by chocoholic2 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm
I had a missed call too around midday.. thanks for the heads up!
If I'm within my rights not to sign then I won't be.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 pm
Yup same here ! Missed call around lunch time 0141 320 2932

No to the T&C's and will change my standing order for march's payment
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:01 pm
I just had this call from a polite gentleman. Regarding the terms changes he was quick to admit there is a lot of scare mongering on the forums to which I agree to an extent. It's all a very jumpy environment however. He said yes the t&cs were of benefit to them for the extra money up he also made a point about claiming ppi. Apparently pjg had a clause where you would be able to keep 50% of any ppi "won" when it should only be 10% or up to £500. Anyone heard about this?
Completed via Early exit loan on year 4

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm
Clifford watts were looking into PPI for PJG I had not been told I could keep any of it if they found any,it hadn't been mentioned I had told Mel she could carry on with the claim which I understood Creditfix were happy for them to do. If they keep it all then fine, if I get to keep some then so be it regardless I am not signing the T&c's I am sure Greg agreed with another member on here that we do not have to sign. Creditfix need to get their staff to sing from the same hymn sheet! It is not right they can state " YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL CHANGE " as a fact when actually that is for me to decide!!!!!!!

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:21 pm
and Rickne if you look at the new t&C's they state WE COULD KEEP 50% OF a PPI CLAIM? That is the carrot to get us to sign the new T&C's? I am afraid they seem to be more confused than any of us!!!

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm
We had the call today too. My husband spoke to a young girl who sounded like she had been on the receiving end of quite a lot of stick! He was ever so polite to her though, and said we were not at all happy about the red letter with our iva ref no for all to see. She agreed and has forwarded on our complaint to the relevant dept (seems to be alot of "forwarding on" with CF!) My husband very politely declined to sign the T&Cs, and she did push a little bit. My husband asked if it would be a problem and she said no, WE CAN'T FORCE YOU TO SIGN!
I have also had written confirmation from CF that it will be ok for Clifford Watts to finish our PPI claim, and written confirmation from them will be sufficient to complete our IVA when the time comes. To be honest, I didn't expect to get anything from a PPI claim, so I just want it signed off really so my IVA will complete on time.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:36 pm
I agree with you LOU if they keep all the ppi then fine, just annoying their staff all say different things, If it wasn't for this forum I would've been pressured into signing but I feel strongly that smaller firms should not be pushed out of business by getting smaller fees, especially when their service is better!!!!!

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:51 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by recovering

and Rickne if you look at the new t&C's they state WE COULD KEEP 50% OF a PPI CLAIM? That is the carrot to get us to sign the new T&C's? I am afraid they seem to be more confused than any of us!!!

Credifix are claiming Pjg were wrongly saying that's what we could be entitled to. And are correcting it.
Completed via Early exit loan on year 4

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm
NO this is a quote from the new T&C'S " previously there has been NO agreement with your creditors on this point......creditors will be asked to consider that you keep a proportion of any successful ppi win"

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:03 pm
As I said before their staff seem more confused than us they seem to say different things depending on who you speak to

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm
Yes, there just seem to be a lot of call centre staff that are the first line of communication, that all say different things. I've not had any communication either over the phone or by email to anyone more senior as in more like a case manager level. The person I'm using as a contact to answer my long list of questions and issues via email has even said she cant respond yet as her reply to me has had to go to a manager to be approved before she can send it!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:34 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Rickne

I just had this call from a polite gentleman. Regarding the terms changes he was quick to admit there is a lot of scare mongering on the forums to which I agree to an extent. It's all a very jumpy environment however. He said yes the t&cs were of benefit to them for the extra money up he also made a point about claiming ppi. Apparently pjg had a clause where you would be able to keep 50% of any ppi "won" when it should only be 10% or up to £500. Anyone heard about this?
If this is what he said or intimated he is barking up the wrong tree. There is no "should be", no universal agreement. All arrangements regarding the debtor retaining any PPI are between individual IPs and their clients by agreement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
42 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”