Equity in Finance and DFD (PPI claim)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 1 of 5

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 pm
Hi all[:I]

Is anyone else having problems with EiF and their PPI claim? im not sure if its a case of they have taken on far to much work for the staff numbers they have but every time i ring up its utter chaos, and im now concerened their dealing will delay my closures and completion!

I was sent the paperwork after contact DFD back in december, i returned them and contacted EiF by phone mid december to check if they had recieved it, they confirmed they had and told me they would now send the complaints to the many creditor who would have 8 weeks to respond! Ok no real worries as my IVA ends in march, loads of time...so i thought [:o}

In feb i contacted then again (8 weeks after the letter had been sent) to be told the complaints were being sent that day and they had 8 weeks to repond.....ummm....little confused but that was meant to have already happened...apparently not!

So 8 weeks again later (yesterday) i contacted them to be told the letters was actually sent the week after my last phone call and the 8 weeks was up today, rang them again to be told "ohh they havnt responded so well now send 7 day warnings".

i just get a sense that they have so much work on they only action things to be done after you call them, maybe theres many out there who are happy to sit back and let it take months to sort out the complaints, offers, payments etc however im not and no matter how much i tell them i want this to be done as soon as its the same attitude of "ohhh it'll be ok, call us next week"! They must know why people want it to be sorted as soon as, option 3 when you call them is just for DFD IVA customer [:(!]

AARRGGGHHHHHHHHHH[:(!]........rant over [:D]

Arty
Last edited by artemischild on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 pm
They're not just working for DFD, I've had an email from Payplan saying that I will be getting a pack through.

I have told them not to waste the postage as we have never taken out PPI.

Be interested to see if I get a reply to my email!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm
Thats what concerns me jan, remember when it was first announced about the being used, we both comented on their 'website'....if you can call it that, 2 pages *home* and *contact*! I dont think there a huge company when they took on all DFD's clients, to now add PayPlans and others just seems silly!

I just hope they get theirs chuffs in gear and no everyone is getting such slack service!!

back on track

Post by back on track » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm
i had the e-mail too jan but i wont be returning it as i was never "mis-sold"any ppi without my knowlegde.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm
It might be the old cynic in me -- but my feeling is that they are being drip fed an enormous client base by at least two large companies ( that we know of). These are "Captive Clients" with no choice in the matter, who have been robbed of the opportunity to "shop elsewhere" ..... so ... frankly, they don't give two hoots. Not only can they give atrocious service and get away with it they are creaming off an inflated commision too.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:58 am
Clients of both firms do not have to use the recommended claims company. You are all free to submit your own claims or refer your case to another company should you wish to.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 am
I have recently completed the form myself and submitted this - the form is not difficult and if successfull I will retain all of my PPI refund, whereas these companies are charging anything up to 30% of the refund - please consider doing it yourself.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 am
I just get annoyed that they will probably still send the pack out even though I have specifically stated that I never took it out.

If you are still in an IVA though and you do claim then it probably is better to use this firm, otherwise I agree that you should do it yourself. Save a lot of money that way.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm
Agreed, but i didnt quite get the sesne there was an 'option' to do it another way!!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by luluj

I have recently completed the form myself and submitted this - the form is not difficult and if successfull I will retain all of my PPI refund, whereas these companies are charging anything up to 30% of the refund - please consider doing it yourself.

This is exactly what insolvency firms should be doing,encouraging clients to make the claims themselves(even if they said you could keep 25%!!!),still an increased return for creditors on what they will get via EiF!!!!

It still all smells a funny colour to me and I wish someone would be upfront and tell us how much of a referral fee EiF are paying out for clients!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Til

Post by Til » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 pm
We're with DFD and so far I have had 3 PPI companies contact me...

EIF was the first and i told them I had no knowledge of PPI so they said they weren't interested in pursuing it further.

Can't recall the 2nd firms name but I had to fill in an online questionnaire but it only gave me a yes or no option for "did you have PPI" so not knowing I had to choose the NO option at which point they said no further interest in my case.

Now Richardson Mail have contacted me!!!!
Told them I didn't know about PPI and they said they woudl send out a pack that if I signed it they would be able to find out if I had PPI - still waiting for the pack and that call was on the 9th of march!!!!

So Lord only knows what will happen with all this...

Declan any chance you could shed some light on this triple company approach? and also if Richardson Mail are going to do anything?
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm
I have had an email back from my caseworker and she has said that we do not have to return the paperwork so I won't be sending anything back to Payplan.
Bob Marley.

Daniel Griffiths

Post by Daniel Griffiths » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm
Equity in Finance are exploiting a golden opportunity which only comes around once in a lifetime, and are set to make an absolute fortune from this. I would imagine the owners will be sat somewhere in the Bahamas smoking fat cuban cigars set up for life in about four years time.
Last edited by Daniel Griffiths on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coupleplus1

Post by coupleplus1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 pm
we had the packs through from EIF a week or so ago and have already been chased by them to return the packs. When I explained we didn't have any PPI's therefore there was nothing to claim they told me to have the discussion with DFD, which I did. The lady seem a bit put out that I refused to go ahead with the PPI claims but I can't claim for something that I didn't receive and told me to put it in writing to EIF. That was yesterday, and today I received another phone call from EIF asking where our packs were and had to go through it all again! Will be putting them in the post tonight just to get rid of them!

Andrea

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm
Whether they do the same with Payplan I don't know but if they pester me then I'll be telling them where to go!
Bob Marley.
72 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”