Hello Laura (DFD). Please could you look into info I sent about my husband' s death.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
261 posts Page 1 of 18

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:28 am
Hello Laura (DFD)
My husband passed away unexpectedly in November 2015, I contacted DFD to inform them of what had happened and sent up the death certificate as requested, once I had received it.
I have emailed DFD last week to enquire on what my next step is, would you mind looking into this please for me?
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:18 am
Sorry to hear about your loss - you could do without all this hassle now!

Bumping this back up so that Laura will hopefully see it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:52 am
Ty kallis3 for bumping me back up.

I can see from my profile it says my iva is completed, unfortunately this is not true. We were asked to take on a loan by another company DFD recommended but it wasn't affordable for us and DFD reviewed our case and said we could extend our payments another 12 months.

However due to the unexpected loss of my 65 yr old husband, who was planning on retiring once this further 12 months was up. I now find myself wondering what the future lies in store for me.
However I must say DFD were very good and told me to stop payments until further notice. Now I could have just left it and waited but I have a conscience. I was told the insolvency people would be in touch with me, within two to three weeks.
I feel I'm sat here in anticipation while trying to put mine and my families lives back together, now without my lovely husband, who used to help me sort this out. Who was also the main bread winner, God rest his soul X
Anxious yes!
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:56 am
I really feel for you and you know the forum is here to help and support you.

Hopefully DFD will take all of your payments to date as a full and final and close the IVA down. It's what you need so that you can move forward and try to rebuild your lives.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:05 am
Thank you again, it is a bit tough and I'm trying to be strong.

I appreciate the support that's given on here and kallis3 that sounds a lovely idea but I don't think I would be that lucky. Even through we have never missed a payment and had increased our payments when requested in the past.

The passing of my husband was however not in our plans [:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 am
Of course it wasn't!! I don't see why they wouldn't be sympathetic in this instance.

I do hope Laura picks up on this quickly.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:25 am
I remember your original post and age was a consideration in everything that you posted at the time.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope that DFD can help you move on sensitively.

However you seem to be one strong cookie and are dealing with the practical issues.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:37 am
I'm trying, these practical issues need sorting to allow me and my family to try and move forward.

Again thank you for your reply.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:10 am
Just bumping this back up again.
Last edited by kallis3 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Marley.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 pm
Me too.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 pm
Dear lilaclady2k

Please accept my sincere condolences for your recent loss.

Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.

Regards,
Laura
Last edited by Laura.Harrop on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:55 pm
Glad you picked up on this Laura but your contact details seem to be missing?
Bob Marley.

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm
The relevant email to respond to is in my profile

Regards
Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:36 pm
Thank you for your response on here Laura.

I have emailed both addresses I have for you Laura.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:24 pm
I am so glad she has got in touch with you - let us know how things go.
Bob Marley.
261 posts Page 1 of 18
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”