PJG

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
424 posts Page 1 of 29

DMB

Post by DMB » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:23 am
I have read all the links and statements from everyone regarding PJG and would like to know if us the clients should have been informed before having to read about it on here?
I personally haven't heard anything and usually no news is good news as far as i'm concerned?
I have always found them to be helpful to a fault and very understanding with personal issues.
Unfortunately now the speculation and the not knowing what will happen next seems very unfair.
I don't blame anyone else for the situation I'm in but things like this do not help with the nerves and anxiety levels?
I am a long way into my IVA and personally have built up a trust in PJG and feel that they have been understanding and helpful to my personal situation.
I can only hope that if we are having our cases transferred it wont impact too much?

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:42 am
Hi

Mel contacted me yesterday to tell me that she, and her fellow IP Sue Clay, have transferred the majority of their IVA case portfolio to Susan Wrigleswirth of Creditfix.

Mel is not able to comment publicly about this on social media until all of her former clients have been properly notified of the reasons for the transfer, and at the same time have been contacted by the incoming IP. She expects this will happen early next week.

Those of you who know Mel will know that it is not in her nature to avoid commenting on important issues, but there is a procedure which has to be correctly followed. But she asks me to let everyone know that there is no need for anyone to be alarmed, and that the incoming firm are keen to make the transfer process as smooth as possible

Regards
Andam Davies

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:09 am
That's all very well and good, but its not the transfer I'm concerned about. PJG made my IVA achievable through a common sense approach to family life and a realistic I&E which was tight but maintainable. Who knows how this new company works ?
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:00 am
I too was concerned and emailed Mel directly. We will be receiving info in the post. Very concerned about new company as made informed decision to go with Mel and now been transferredto a company i cant find any info about. Mel always very realistic, approachable and made being in an iva comfortable. She said its not been posdible to let clients know before newsbroke on here but like andy said theres procedures to follow. Myself and hubby not thrilled about it but nothing we as clients can do as cant change companys so guesswe will just have to see. hoping Mel will have transferred us to a suitable alternative who will have same view as her but still a anxious wait til hear from them.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:28 pm
I have a really big worry with my wages this month, I tried to email my 2 contacts but both are no longer employed by PJG. I have resent the email to an officer manager but I don't know if it will be seen?Does anyone know if it's possible to email Mel? I can't find her email address, I do not want to pester her but it's really worrying me

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:21 pm
Hi

Try not to worry, the terms and conditions of your IVA will remain the same, you will also have notification of new contact details regarding your IVA shortly

Regards
Andam Davies

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 pm
i think we are entitled to worry. We all made informed choice based on high recommendations and now transferred to what appears to be an unknown entity with no prior warning. Mels team all disappeared, contact deminished. Its a little unfair especially on new clients who still had a choice to go elsewhere. No one is sble to give any recommendation or positive feedback about this new ip/company and we are unable to do anything. Will read letter thorougy when it arrives. And yes you can email mel directly however she is unable to comment much due to formalities.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:32 pm
I don't have her email address and the trouble is I DO worry! I find it hard to switch off

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 pm
And all what has been said above goes for me as well !!
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:43 pm
I just need to know someone understands the problem before it's transferred or I will be expected to uplift money I don't have and am not due to pay because my employer keeps messing up!

Paddington1958

Post by Paddington1958 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 pm
Like everyone here, I'm anxious, worried and concerned. I've only been with PJG for 10 months. I've had to deal with a lot of personal issues these last 3 months and now this. Wish you could choose you want to continue your IVA with. Only found this our from reading this forum. Anxious times ahead

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 am
Yeah there should be a clause where by if your insolvency practitioner goes bust or sells your IVA, you should have the option to transfer your IVA to a company of your choice. But hey, That would be too easy.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:04 am
I know easier said than done but please allow Mel the time to put everything in place and your new provider to contact you ..I am sure both will want your iva to continue in the same way as now and going forward reviews will be done fairly taking into account individual circumstances.
Speculating what ifs is not going to help you .... try and stay positive and keep chipping away each month ..before you know it you will be into the last year ...
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:08 am
Hi

I understand peoples concerns but just to re post part of Mel's comment

"she asks me to let everyone know that there is no need for anyone to be alarmed, and that the incoming firm are keen to make the transfer process as smooth as possible"

Regards
Andam Davies

Bob and Gill

Post by Bob and Gill » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:18 am
Not a great situation but companies do merge and/or sell out to others on a regular basis. All you need as a client is reassurance, hopefully the letters will arrive promptly for those affected and the new IP will be as proficient as Mel. It is disappointing when you have chosen a firm based on reputation and recommendation and then something like this happens. Let's hope Creditfix are great, they have hard act to follow!
424 posts Page 1 of 29
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”