Awaiting creditors meeting...

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Jojocox

Post by Jojocox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Hi.
I am new to the forum and am hoping for some advice / encouragement etc...
We have applied for an IVA through Freeman Jones (via another company who have taken a payment from us for passing our details on, but lesson learnt!!) and are now waiting for our creditors meeting which is on the 26th October. I am finding the whole process very daunting although Freeman Jones have been excellent and not at all judgemental, which I was surprised at, and was wondering if anyone can advise me as to what would happen if we are not accepted, or why we may not be / how likely we are to be rejected etc....
Anyone on here using Freeman Jones? Are they as supportive once things get going as they are at the beginning?
All very new and scary as we have never had money worries before now and IVA due to an unexpected pregnancy straight after my first one, so totally unprepared!
Would welcome any advice etc.
cheers.
At the beginning of a long journey....

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm
Hi there and welcome to this very friendly and supportive forum.

Good luck for your meeting date of the 26th October, let us know how it goes. I'm sure there are other posters with Freeman Jones, I'm not personally but am in an IVA.

Anything support/advice you need just ask, there is mostly someone about and we're all non-judgemental and try and be supportive. Do keep posting. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:56 pm
Hi and good luck for your meeting.

I think generally if you start off having a good relationship with your IP firm it can carry on for the whole term.

The main thing is - you may get different people looking after your IVA during the term. Just be firm if you don't feel you are getting the right info. Make sure you notify any changes to them as soon as they heppen - you may get told the changes don't affect your IVA but best to notify too much than too little!

Let us know how you get on.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

harrimav

Post by harrimav » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:31 pm
I too was really anxious as my mtg date was this morning!!

But, relief, as it got approved straight away and the relief is immense .

I too have a brilliant IvA company who have been sympathetic and realistic throughout and I am so pleased I have done it . I am under no illusion it'll be easy but a great big weight is off my shoulders now and I can get on with my life and sleep at night#128512;good luck xx
harrimav
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”