feel like all i do is work and look after my kids

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Sharon2018

Post by Sharon2018 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm
If I put this post on a mother baby forum, I know the advice would be - get a baby sitter and get out and enjoy some adult company. I can't remember the last time I got dressed up and went out for a night but as you all know I really can't afford it. Every last penny I can squirrel away goes on my kids so they don't have to miss out due to my financial mistakes. Its easy to hide behind the kids as an excuse to skip events and outings with friends but I so wish I could go, I missed so much lately, cinema, fashion shows, even fitness classes with friends, getting me down, how can I cope another 4 ½ years like this???!!![:(]

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 pm
As the months pass you will find ways of saving a few quid here and there, it is never going to be easy but it does get easier (if that makes sense).
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 am
I appreciate with kids all you want to do is make sure they don't loose out .. But have you thought about the joy it would bring to them to see there mum out enjoying herself just maybe once every other month .... Doesn't have to be an expensive night ...might only be a friends house for dinner ....... Allow yourself a treat ..your kids won't be offended by it !

I used to deal in cash all the time and each week withdrew the weekly food, fuel and extra money out ..... Whatever was left each week was added to a pot for nights out .... A few pence here and now soon adds up !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 pm
I have 4 kids- they keep me busy & are expensive to run!! - but you do need sometime to yourself to escape & refresh- I' m with luluj on this,, you need to start dealing in cash. Using cash to budget your "housekeeping" will bring in change that can go into a pot to save up. Most supermarkets have a "coinster" machine in them now- taking a pot of change at the end of the month will add up to a trip out to the cinema or something else. I keep a tin by by nightstand & all my change goes into it at the end of everyday. It soon adds up.
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 pm
have you got a local college, the hair and beauty departments offer treatments at very low prices so save a few pennies and get yourself pampered and have some 'me' time. If that's not what you fancy then save a few pennies and do what you fancy. It is important to have 'me' time as well as being a mum x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:52 pm
Hi Sharon,

Please read the blogs - it does get easier but you cannot neglect yourself to give to the children to ease your guilt. It took me a couple of years to realise that. They need a happy mummy more than things. I know it isn't easy to do, but do treat yourself to a night out - we have even walked to the park sharing a bag of chips as a treat or taken a picnic although it is not the right time of year now! We have also sat in the pub playing cards with a pint of juice each. Things will get better - it took us two years to come to terms with things.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “family forum”