Mortgage whilst in iva

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Flavour79

Post by Flavour79 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:56 pm
Newbie here but wanted some advice. I have been in IvA since September 2014 and was looking at mortgage options.

1. Can I go for an early settlement and when approved look at my options of lenders and deposits options. I have received an inheritance pension from my late mum which intend using to pay off early settlement and possibly put down a deposit.
2. Can it be secured side by side with Iva still running.
3. If early settlement is approved any lenders out there willing to help get me a loan and what realistic deposit am I looking at as am just frightened of some stories I read of the large deposits.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards
Ben

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:12 am
Hello Ben and welcome. I will copy your questions for ease of reference and answer each as far as I can:

1. Can I go for an early settlement and when approved look at my options of lenders and deposits options. I have received an inheritance pension from my late mum which intend using to pay off early settlement and possibly put down a deposit.

A1. You can go for early settlement --- do not use that term, as a settlement means paying the whole debt, fees and interest. You would be looking at making a Full & Final Offer. The inheritance pension would be viewed as income. The lump sum providing this pension might be considered a windfall, unless protected by, for instance, being in trust. You may need to take legal advice on this. You are unlikely to get a reasonable mortgage while the IVA is on file ( 6 years from the start) despite early completion.

2. Can it be secured side by side with Iva still running.

A2. You will not get a mortgage at all with the IVA running.

3. If early settlement is approved any lenders out there willing to help get me a loan and what realistic deposit am I looking at as am just frightened of some stories I read of the large deposits.

A3. It will not be easy --- have a word with either, or both, of the mortgage experts on the forum: Ryan and Shaun (Look under "Quick Links" top left, then "The Team")
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”