Wife not working

5 posts Page 1 of 1

vidal.de

Post by vidal.de » Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 pm
Hi I am in an IVA with Payplan for over 2 years and my wife is with DMP but she is not working at the moment so I'm the one paying for her, I got a letter from Payplan saying saying that part of my contract is that my wife works when my 2 kids are in full time education, my 2 kids are in full time Education but my wife can't find a suitable job and she is volunteering in her local charity church at the moment at the same time training to be a minister of God so what can I do because she is really in to her training and does not want to leave it.

Much Reards
Derrick

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm
This sounds a bit odd and you should question Payplan. Firstly, your creditors cannot demand that your wife finds work but they can demand that you do not pay her creditors!
Am I reading this right?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm
Hi Derrick and welcome to the forum. Is it written into your proposal that your wife finds a job when yoru children are in full time education?

I'm glad to read your wife is enjoying her training and hope she is very successful with this.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

vidal.de

Post by vidal.de » Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 am
Hi Lesley,
Thanks for your reply I have not checked my contrct but they told me that it is in my contract that my wife must find a job so i dont know what to reply them becasue i can see her doing a paid work in the next 1 or 2 years

Much regards
Derrick.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lesley_

Hi Derrick and welcome to the forum. Is it written into your proposal that your wife finds a job when yoru children are in full time education?

I'm glad to read your wife is enjoying her training and hope she is very successful with this.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 am
First thing to do is check the proposal as you will have signed this prior to your meeting and then get in touch with your IP and explain yoru situation as it is. Michael a forum expert gives good advice above, I'm just another person in debt. Hope you get this sorted Derrick.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”