Next debt debate 2nd May

41 posts Page 3 of 3

may07

Post by may07 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 pm
Hi,

I was there but unfortunately I didnt manage to meet any of you guys, though I did manage a few words with Melanie before leaving.
Thanks Melanie!

Debbie, unfortunately I didnt get your e-mail addy so I wasnt able to contact you.

It was my first time at one of these debates so I didnt really know what to expect. Having said that it was rather more industry/professional weighted than I had expected. I probaly should have read up more in advance.

I was about to contribute when the banking chap spoke and I decided against. Although I am used to speaking in public forums connected to my work I felt rather intimidated.

No matter how experienced or confident one is, it is still extremely difficult to walk into a room where you know absolutely no one and which is predominantly filled with professional experts. Let alone speak!

I am not a frequent poster on this site and therefore havnt forged connections/friendships as some of you obviously have.

May I make a, hopefully, constructive suggestion, that someone from this forum is delegated to meet, greet, introduce and support people who are attending for the first time. It would make it less daunting and perhaps give a bigger voice to the individual.

Thanks to all who gave their time and expertise to make the event possible.

Have a great weekend!

May

aguise

Post by aguise » Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 pm
Oh May
What a shame. you should have gone to Andy. I feel terrible that you were there and we didnt know. Are you coming to portsmouth to the frugal friends meeting. They are just like friends having a drink and a chat. If you are ask admin for my email and I wil arrange to meet you.

Angx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 03, 2008 7:34 pm
Oh May ... I can't believe that we missed you!! ... what a pain.

I know what you mean about the banking man ... I was itching to get a word in ... talk about not being in the real world!

Will you be coming to Portsmouth next week ... do try, it is such fun.

Debbie
Debbie

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat May 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Wow Ang, first class all the way home. With food a drink - great, well done for moaning. I can just imagine 'mach 2' lording it up[:D]
Hope you feel rested today.

Oh what a shame May, it would have been great to see you as there were only a few of us from the forum there xx

Really looking forward to Portsmouth [:D]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

may07

Post by may07 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 pm
Thanks for your posts ang, debbie and emma. It was probably my own fault I should have approached someone. I just felt strangely lacking in confidence.

As for the bankers - of course we all have a responsibility for our debts BUT until relatively recently banks were throwing credit at people and constantly increasing credit limits without request - for the interest.

Bankers have been irresponsible and especially those giving sub prime mortgages in the US to people who had no way of paying, which has created the current banking economy crisis.

I couldnt help wondering what his fat salary was and if he worrying about his bonus?

I doubt I will make Portsmouth. Without meaning to be rude Im actually wondering how you guys manage to afford to travel to events?

If there is an event I can get to I will as Id really like to be able to meet and talk to people in similar circumstances as myself.

I did kinda hook up with 2 people who also were there alone. One from a local authority and one a trainee solicitor- who as such didnt know a great deal but as I asked her questions she didnt have the knowledge to answer said she was going away knowing what she didnt know and needed to find out.

Bless you for your kindness.
May

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Hi
May07 makes a great point and we will look to have a representative of the forum look after all forum members that attend.Probably be Aguise[Ang],Soulgrowth[Debbie] or Skippy[Tracey]
Regards
Andam Davies

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm
Hi May

I agree about the fat salaries ... Ang, Emma and I were eating all the food ... because we don't get much!!

I think that most people only go to the Frugal Friends meeting that is closest to them ... because I am self-employed I am able to make the claim for travel etc. through my books as a "business meeting" and can claim tax relief on it!!!

I will contact Admin personally to give you my email address ... or you may be able to contact me via the email links on my website :)

Hope to meet in person soon.

Debbie
Debbie

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 pm
Hello Debbie, Ang and Emma,

It was great to meet you in London.

Glad to hear I was less stuffy, aged, and grey than you had imagined!
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 am
I would love to go to one of the debt debates, but please can they be a bit later? I'd need to take a half day holiday to get there, and we get below the national average and I've only got a couple precious days left!

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 09, 2008 12:33 pm
I think it's all those high flying business men that set the times Skip ... you know, all of those that have long lunches and earn lots of money!!

Debbie
Debbie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 09, 2008 1:11 pm
I know, that's the problem! Being a lowly sales co-ordinator probably means I won't get to one of the debt debates, not this year at least - I need all my holiday!
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “past debt debates”