Grant Thornton customer services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
119 posts Page 2 of 8

jonosi

Post by jonosi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by northumbrian69

I can only speak from personal experience, I posted a GT communication issue 2 weeks ago, I was advised by Karol to e'mail customer services and she promised to respond to my query by the end of business on the same day, true to her word I received a very nice apology and answers to all my questions within 6 hours of sending my e'mail, thank you Karol [:D][:D]

My final payment is in 4 days time so watch this space for how long it takes GT to issue my completion certificate, I have been advised it can take up to 6 months, if that's the case it should be all over by the end of September. [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
must be one of the lucky ones here. I emailed and posted a letter of complaint 2 weeks ago to GT no reponse and emailed Karol yesterday afternoon. No response as of yet

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:00 pm
jonosi - Grant Thornton have received your email from yesteerday and I have replied to you this afternoon.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards
Karol

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:06 pm
Just to echo what Northumbrian69 posted.
Apart from a short spell during our equity release palava, my contact with GT has always been positive.
We have been fairly lucky that, other than annual reviews, we havent had to pester them too much.
They were excellent when Mrs Torch lost her job, and, up to press, I cannot fault them with how they have dealt with our f&f offer.
On a purely personal note, this is just my opinion, I know an iva is tough, 5/6 years is a long time, and I know I keep banging on about this, but, if I rewind 5 years, to what we were going through, no different to anyone else on here, 6 months to wait for a completion certificate is a small price to pay. Again, personally speaking, you have stopped paying, I am in no rush to ever obtain credit again, ok, it may have inheritance issues for some, but what would you use the money for, more credit?.
We all should bear in mind, the professionals on here (which one is Bodie or Doyle?), are giving their time gratis, and without them this forum would be pointless.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 pm
olympic_torch, I couldn't put it better myself, 6 months is a small price to pay after 5 years of frugality, is that a real word [?][?][?]

The real benefit is, from next month I don't have any more IVA payments to make, I can start some serious saving, and I can sincerely promise, I will never, ever again apply for a credit card,loan or hire purchase agreement as long as I live,that's what an IVA has taught me [^][^][^][^]
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm
If it isnt a real word it ought to be.
At some point, i guess i may need credit again, probably for a car, but it will be on a controlled basis.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

jonosi

Post by jonosi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm
got a reply from GT, many thanks for that just hope to get my certificate now in the next 10-14 days. what a relief that will be

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm
Fingers crossed for you jonosi - let us know when you get your letter.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 pm
It is good to see a smattering of positive posts amidst the negative ones right now - and well done to Karol for beavering away at the forum, where other firms appear to have disappeared.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 am
Great news Jonosi! Good to see Karol working her magic for you x

MariaJM

Post by MariaJM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:09 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by jonosi

got a reply from GT, many thanks for that just hope to get my certificate now in the next 10-14 days. what a relief that will be
Your lucky, I'm still waiting for a reply to my complaint, emails and a straight answer on the phone as to when i'm getting my completion certificate (my last payment was August 2011); first it was up to 6 months then they weren't sure, then it was 3 months, its now 6 months again!

I've already done the emailing to Karol, is it worth writing to my IP and sending it recorded delivery now?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm
Hi and welcome.

Try emailing them directly in the first place. You can find the address on the Insolvency Service website under the find an ip link.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm
Keep trying Maria - with everything going on with hMRC at the moment they are probably snowed under. Keep emailing so you don't get lost in the inbox xx

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am
MariaJM - Apologies that you have not had a response to your email. Would it be possible to send through again with IVA Forum in the subject line and I will get back to you today?

Many Thanks
Karol

Gtslow

Post by Gtslow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 am
Karol

I have been reading for a long time now but feel I need to say my bit.

I completed my IVA in mid August last year and I am fed up in chasing GT for feedback, sometimes I get a response but mostly I do not. It's not right we should be made to wait this long and now I need to shout about it. I just want to be free and rid of the iva register stigma and and get on with my life. Please advise me by reply when I will receive my closure cert and or relevant info from your company. Have I been put on the bottom of the pile? I have sent my email today.

Thanks
IVA competed 17th August 2011 and completion cert received from Grant and Thornton April 25th 2012

vince666

Post by vince666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 am
Same old same old. Come on Grant Thornton, sort out your closure process.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.
119 posts Page 2 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”