Grant Thornton customer services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
119 posts Page 5 of 8

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm
Hopefully you will recieve your certificate within 6 months now that they are closing cases again.

My final payment was April 2011 and in May my 6 year anniversary will pass but still no completion letter so I am still officialy insolvent.

I was recently in contact with GT and have been told that 2/3 creditors have yet to submit their claim in order to rank for dividend payment so to expect completion end of April/May.
I have emailed Karol today for an update but no reply as yet.
My advice would be to keep in touch with GT regarding closure and hopefully you may recieve your completion letter within 12 months.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

Alderson

Post by Alderson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 am
It seems incredible that an IVA can still be open 12 months after final payment because some creditors haven't submitted a claim. Aren't there any rules which stipulate the length of time that a creditor has to submit a claim, or do they have up to 12 months?

olydak

Post by olydak » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:54 pm
Hello all,

This morning i phoned Grant Thornton, i asked to speak to Karol who as usual was being a very busy lady, i spoke with Ashley who was very helful, she took my phone number and said Karol would phone me back before the end of the week. I sent an email this afternoon to Karol, who phoned me in less than an hour, what an ammazing response, she told me i would have my completion certificate on the 28th May, just knowing i will have it soon, makes me so happy and contented.

Thankyou Karol & Thankyou Grant Thornton.

Regards David.

Alderson

Post by Alderson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:20 pm
Sorry olydak, I would not consider an 8 month wait acceptable, certainly not worthy of thanks. Other IP's who post on this forum have indicated that cases should generally be closed within 2 months of the final anniversary.

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 pm
Glad you have finally got it sorted Olydak :-)

Congratulations on completing your IVA
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:06 pm
Hi Olydak - great to read you are happy and Karol has got things sorted for you. Best wishes for the future now it is all over but I'm sure you won't rest completely until you have the piece of paper in your hand come end of May!
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

ladybird321

Post by ladybird321 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm
Today I received a reply from GT (Claire) from an eamil I sent to Karol a couple of days ago. I am quited shocked (but in a good way) Just to recap my last direct debit payment was in Oct, then I received a copy of my Annual Report in Jan and unknown to me it said I was in arrears. Paid the arrears off in Jan. My email to Karol was asking what is the latest position of my closure and what about PPI has I heard nothing on this front. I did say I would not be claiming PPI now or in the future as was not mis sold. I was counting the 6 months for closure from the end of Jan. Anyway this is the bulk of the reply:

'I am writing to advise the closure process typically takes 6 months to complete however is simply a period of administration.
Having reviewed your file this morning I can confirm your case progressed for completion 2 November 2011. As part of the review for your Final Annual Report arrears were identified and you duly addressed them 26 January 2012 by way of a Debit Card payment.

Our Closures department were informed of the same and work commenced again to close your IVA.
Since that time all necessary administration has been completed and your case entered the final stages just recently. Having sought an update from our closures department, they assure me that your Final Paperwork is almost ready for posting and you should expect to receive the same with then next week'

So another week and it looks like I will be getting my CC. I can't believe it. I didn't expect that. I thought I would be told it would be at least the end of July and a keffual re PPI. Have not had to do anything re PPI! Will try not to get too excited until I get my CC in my hand.
Last edited by ladybird321 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA finished Oct 2011, CC received 27 April 2012, No longer on Insolvency Register 01 May 2012. Jan 2013 - all Credit Files squeaky clean :)

vince666

Post by vince666 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm
That's good news ladybird - but it does suggest that GT seem perfectly content with operating a typical closure period of 6 months, whereas other IPs publicly state it should not take longer than 2 months.

I wonder why that is - maybe Karol can offer an explanation?
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:50 pm
Personally I would have been happy to recieve completion within the typical 6 months that GT told me to expect.

Perhaps GT should advise 'at least 6 months' as I havent seen anybody recieve their completion letter in less than 6 months yet.

Gtslow

Post by Gtslow » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 pm
I emailed Karol on Saturday and it's now Wednesday and I am in receipt of my completion certificate.
Wow -Thank you for this Karol, I am very happ and feel amazing. It's been a long time and finally I am debt free, feels so great!!!

Ian
IVA competed 17th August 2011 and completion cert received from Grant and Thornton April 25th 2012

vince666

Post by vince666 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm
Congratulations Ian and well done GT for taking under 9 months to close
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 am
Yes congratulations Ian, there seems to be a few more happy GT clients on the forum lately.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:39 am
Excellent news. Hopefully GT are now catching up.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:42 am
Great news for you and hopefully the backlog will soon ease for others x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

scoobygirl

Post by scoobygirl » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 am
Karol - wonder if you can help me. I completed on my IVA in august 2011 and have never had a single piece of communication from you since. Ive never had my completion certificate and when i have emailed to chase this up have never had a response. Can you please advise who i need to speak to to get this?

Thanks

font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Grant Thornton

Gtslow - I have tried to contact you and have sent you an email, hopefully you will pick this up today.

ladybird321 - would it be possible for you to send through your email again today and I will review, apologies for the inconvenience,

Kind Regards
Karol
119 posts Page 5 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”