Grant Thornton customer services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
119 posts Page 4 of 8

vince666

Post by vince666 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 am
The way I read it, there are two distinct elements to the various complaints around GTs closure process.

The first is the time it is taking to close cases. A backlog of work caused by whatever reason should not cause undue delays for a company the size of GT - they should simply draft in more resource. I can see nothing in any regulation that states the requirements of SIP3 can be dis-applied due to commercial reasons - if there is something maybe one of the IPs would be kind enough to direct me to it.

Secondly, it appears people are not being given full and transparent explanations as to the reasons why their closures are taking so long. Again I do not believe that paragraph 36 of the IPA Ethics Code for Members can simply be dis-applied for commercial reasons.

In fact the principle of transparency is so important that the IPA have issued a guidance note to specifically emphasise this which states "The Council regards this provision of the Code to be of fundamental importance."
Last edited by vince666 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm
Gtslow - I have tried to contact you and have sent you an email, hopefully you will pick this up today.

ladybird321 - would it be possible for you to send through your email again today and I will review, apologies for the inconvenience,

Kind Regards
Karol

ladybird321

Post by ladybird321 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm
Hi Karol,

Resent. Apologies it was my fault in the delay getting a response. When I cut and pasted the email address off this site I missed off iva at the beginning so it began customerservices.
IVA finished Oct 2011, CC received 27 April 2012, No longer on Insolvency Register 01 May 2012. Jan 2013 - all Credit Files squeaky clean :)

Gtslow

Post by Gtslow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:25 pm
Karol

Thanks for the contact today, I will update you as and when I hear from the closure dept by post.
Thanks again for the quick response.
IVA competed 17th August 2011 and completion cert received from Grant and Thornton April 25th 2012

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:32 am
I normally have not a bad word to say about GT and Karol however I haven't heard anything from them in 6 weeks reference my F&F offer I sent all the paper work. I don't know when the meeting will take place etc. I also sent them my new e-mail address but had no reply?? I am getting a bit worried as when I offered them the F&F the lady said that everthing will be sorted for May??? Please GT Help Karol???

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 am
I am sure that Karol will pick up your post tomorrow morning markiboy and hopefully find some answers for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am
markiboy - my colleagues in the variation department will be in contact with you today,
Kind Regards
Karol

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm
Thank you Karol you are a star x

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:05 pm
As promised by Karol I was phoned by GT meeting 20/6 wow!!!! Can't wait just hope the F&F is accepted. Thanks again Karol x

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 pm
Good news and good luck for 20/6 :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

GilliB

Post by GilliB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 pm
That's great news markiboy! I'm sure everyone here is routing for you to get a positive outcome on the 20/6! x
IVA journey started: 30th March 2009. Settled: 17th July 2012. Completion Certificate received: 13th March 2013. Breathe. x

Michelle.29

Post by Michelle.29 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:23 pm
That's good news Markiboy.

Personally I have had a mixed experience with GT, after initially getting no response from them by phone or email and forgetting to do my annual review on the switch over from BE then I thought that the customer service was far from adequate! Each time they send they would ring back - they wouldn't!

Then I discovered that you could contact Karol by reading posts on this forum. Every time I have emailed Karol, I have had a swift response so in that sense it is great that you can get hold of Karol should you have any queries and she is fantastic at dealing with any issues!

I think they are making slow progress on the customer service front, last time I rung, I actually managed to speak to someone and he was polite and helpful

But I have concerns with how long it takes to get a completion certificate. I make my last payment on Friday and just wish that I didn't have to wait 6 months for a completion certificate.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 pm
Good luck markiboy and congrats to you Michelle for getting to the end
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Alderson

Post by Alderson » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:37 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Michelle.29

I make my last payment on Friday and just wish that I didn't have to wait 6 months for a completion certificate.
Unfortunately I think you should be prepared for issue of your certificate to take longer than 6 months. Many posts on here from people who have been waiting far longer than this.

Michelle.29

Post by Michelle.29 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm
I am remaining positive about the completion certificate! Karol has informed me up to 6 months and up to now everything Karol has said has happened, so at the moment i have no reason to doubt!
119 posts Page 4 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”