Equity In Finance - how do they do it?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am
I have 5 previous credit accounts which have at some point been covered by PPI. Payplan appointed EIF to try to recover any mis-sold PPI from these creditors.
I don't feel that any of the PPI was mis-sold, (in one case I even had to actively chase the creditor in order to purchase PPI) and I made this very clear on the claim forms I was sent by EIF, on each claim form I noted "I do not consider that I was mis-sold this PPI, I was fully aware of the conditions and limitations at the point of purchase".
Amazingly, so far EIF have successfuly been refunded several thousand pounds from 3 of the companies, with the final 2 now being with FOS for a decision.
How on earth do they manage to get compensation that I have stated wasn't mis-sold?

Incidentally - I'm not aware that I had any circumstances that would "automatically" suggest that PPI was mis-sold, I wasn't self-employed, didn't have savings, no illnesses etc.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”