Looking for first hand experience of Help to Buy or New Buy scheme post IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

paddy1977

Post by paddy1977 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:38 am
Hi,
I have previously been in an IVA which started in 30/04/2009, so my 6yr point is due very soon.
This year i am hoping to purchase a property and have been looking at a few recently and have come to the conclusion that i will probably look to buy a new build property.
My question therefore is, does anybody have first hand experience or know of anybody who has obtained a mortgage through the Governments Help to Buy or New Buy Scheme post IVA.
I have throughout my IVA had credit and have run everything satisfactorily, i did have a mortgage previously which was finished in July 2014 and 3yrs prior to this date was in a bit of financial difficulty and had to enter into a payment arrangement with the mortgage company (C&G) but due to the arrangement being outside the original mortgage agreement these have been registered as 4 late payments in total, but these were paid up to date July 2012 from then all payments were run satisfactorily.
I will have a deposit of 10% to put down and currently have a salary of £50,000pa with additional OT of £15,000pa.
Apologise in advance for the long winded information but felt it best to give as much as possible to hopefully receive an accurate answer.
I have sought some advice from a few companies and have had some conflicting information so i thought i would see what come from here, i just want to get this right first time without going with inaccurate advice resulting in a failed application therefore affecting my CF.
Thank you in advance for any help.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”