Insolvency Register on the wwww.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:03 pm
FYI

From the Insolvency Service today linked to the register appearing on the www:

Thank you for your email dated 28 March 2015.

I note your concerns about the operation of the website www.bankruptcheck.co.uk. The Insolvency Service, acting on behalf of the Secretary of State must by law (Rule 6A.1 of The Insolvency Rules 1986), keep an up to date register of:

• individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs);
• fast track voluntary arrangements (FTVAs);
• bankruptcy orders;
• debt relief orders (DROs);
• bankruptcy restrictions orders or undertakings (BROs/BRUs); and
• debt relief restrictions orders or undertakings (DRROs/DRRUs).

This register is called the Individual Insolvency Register. It must be open to public inspection.

As The Insolvency Service must by law keep an up to date individual insolvency register that is open to public inspection, The Service cannot be held responsible for the actions of those who obtain data from the register and what they may subsequently do with this data. This includes internet search engines.

However, private companies obtaining and using information from the Register are likely to be subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. I would, therefore, suggest you contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who has responsibility for Data Protection matters. The Commissioner has a website at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk and the address is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 5AF

ICO Helpline: 08456 30 60 60
01625 54 57 45

The Information Commissioner’s Office will be in a position to look into the matter further.

I hope this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”