I am confused about the time it takes to set up a meeting for F&F meeting.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Amy.01

Post by Amy.01 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:46 am
Hi i sent of via email my full and final offer on the 28th February and called harrington brooks to confirm they had received it and its apparently with the variation team great ! But the guy i spoke to told me they give creditors at least 35 days to confirm a meeting . Im my proposal it states that if i request a variation meeting this will be done in 21 days but the guy stated he has never hurd of the 21 days so im confused. How do these time scales work ? When does the 21/35 days start from?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:30 am
Whether he has heard of it or not is immaterial -- it is in the agreement so they have to adhere to the terms ( just as you do in everything else!). On the flip side, I have never heard of giving 35 days notice !

I don't believe there is a definition of when the clock starts embodied in the agreement, but it would be reasonable to use the usual timeframes i.e. the clock starts at the time of receipt of the instruction. If sent by post you allow a couple of days from date of posting, with an email it would be the day you send it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am
Some firms take longer than others to arrange meetings but you have every right to ask for yours to be called in line with the terms and conditions. Email your IP directly and you should get a response.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”