They think it's all over..........

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

edbling

Post by edbling » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm
.......It is now!
last payment 28/02/17 and certificate of completion received today...I know well quick!
I started around 11 years ago with a DMP with payplan which for me was a big mistake as after paying for 6 years or so I discovered that most of the creditors had not frozen interest and to some creditors I owed more than when I started.
After a near breakdown I was pointed in the direction of an IVA. Best thing I could've done! ( I wish I'd known years earlier).
I had a fantastic IP who responded to e-mails and calls immediately and I was extremely lucky to be pointed in her direction. My IP was Elizabeth Pywowarczuk from Liberta financial and I can't thank Liz or her staff more.
It has been a long and educating journey and I'm still pinching myself cause it's finally over.
I wish every single one of you all the luck in the world in your IVA journeys and thank you to this site for helping me through mine.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 pm
Brilliant! Well done and enjoy your debt free life!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:46 pm
Well done ! Good to hear of a helpful and sympathetic IP who seems to be on the ball, too.

Have a gander here for credit file clean up info --- if all goes to plan it should be pretty much automatic, but best to keep an eye on things:-

http://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva-d ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

benjiboo1

Post by benjiboo1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 pm
Well done edbling, I had the same news last Thursday... waiting for completion certificate now. I also found this forum a lifesaver at times. Enjoy your debt free future.
c wilson

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:39 am
So glad you have reached this point - good luck going forward.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:13 am
Well done from me too and nice to hear good words about your IP. Pity it took so long to find a decent IP but at least you got there in the end.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”