IVA Annual review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

nuttymarbles

Post by nuttymarbles » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:01 pm
I have had my IVA over 3 years now and around 2 years ago I got myself into a bad financial mess no job and other problems, I was in contact with the IVA company and the lady on the phone said you can either stop paying and let it fail or carry on finding the money , so i kept on finding the money any way I could, and to this day kept up the payments, they kindly let me pay weekly this has helped me a lot, but since then I haven't completed a single annual review just because im scared if I do they will fail as I still am scrimping to pay it now. will this fail the IVA eventually or are they happy to just keep taking my money and ask no questions because it seems this way? :?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm
An annual review is part of the agreement and the IVA could fail anyway if it came to light that this was not happening -- meaning all your scrimping, saving and heartache will have been for nothing. Sometimes it is tempting to let sleeping dogs lie -- but they can still bite you eventually!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

nuttymarbles

Post by nuttymarbles » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Hi, I am currently in an IVA, around 2 years ago I found myself in financial difficulty and couldn't pay my IVA, the lady on the phone I spoke to said you can either keep paying your IVA as normal and find the money or let it fail, so obviously I kept finding the money, i haven't done a annual review since being in this IVA (3 years ago) i didnt see the point as haven't been able to afford it, can my IVA fail for this? thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:48 pm
Posts merged.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm
Are you sure you are in an IVA and not debt management? Your IP must do a review or is remiss on their duties.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”