I am now paying credit with credit and it's got out of hand

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Twins2015

Post by Twins2015 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 pm
Hi, I am looking at going into an iva after getting into debt, I am now paying credit with credit and it's got abit out of hand.
I stupidly took out a loan of £6000 2 weeks ago to clear a family debt (someone lent me some money over a year ago and needed it back). I understand that all debts need to go into an iva but would this credit require any contractual payments before hand. I would have to pay them using other credit cards? Thank you (can't wait to get the help I need)

benjiboo1

Post by benjiboo1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm
I took out a loan for 7, 500 with Sainsbury bank 4 weeks before enquiring about an iva , & had numerous other debts. It was included in my Iva with no problems. I completed my Iva last month. A long 5 years but worth it.
c wilson

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm
Some firms will tell you that you need to wait awhile, while others will not -- speak to a few companies, as some are more helpful than others.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

moira717

Post by moira717 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:17 pm
I spent last year using credit cards to pay for shopping and petrol: then last 4 months taking out cash on one card to pay another. It is a downward spiral (heard this many times whilst in debt, yet every new year was going to be the one I sorted out my problem). Last Christmas I knew financially it was the end of the road. I had made several recent large purchases over Christmas and was worried this may affect my ability to get an iva. I spoke to a debt charity who said this was example I was insolvent and would not work against me. 1 week and 4days to go to my creditors meeting. It's been a rollercoaster, feeling positive one day and down the next but now feel in control. Most of this thanks to advice I have received from this site.

benjiboo1

Post by benjiboo1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 pm
I know the feeling well moira, even on the day I got the phone call to say it was accepted I still felt a failure!!! & when I went out... shopping etc I thought that everyone who looked at me knew.... but as the months passed & we settled into it I realised it was the best thing we could have done. 5 years seemed endless but it passed very quick & did not have any problems. Looking forward to receiving our completion certificate now. Good luck to you.
c wilson

moira717

Post by moira717 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:11 pm
Thank you so much. It's such a lift hearing from other people who have gone through an iva and and come out the other side!! Gives me hope. Thankyou
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”