Creditors calls

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

moira717

Post by moira717 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:36 pm
Had decided to have positive day today.......... however have been bombarded with calls all day. This pm a work colleague rang to say Tesco bank had called me. Why ring me at work when I have notified them of my situation, they agreed to take reduced payments until creditors meeting, they have spoken to me on my home no previously. I rang step change as letter I received from their IP said to notify them of any creditors who continued to call etc. Was told to contact them myself and ask them to remove my work no. Was then told hopefully creditors letters should be received early next week and this may prevent some calls. Should I be worried letters still not sent for meeting on April 4th? Am now worried more companies will ring at work, especially when I am not there to intercept. Today has ended on low note as just broke down tonight. I know meeting coming up but am finding it so hard :cry:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm
Most creditors are happy to suspend calls once they know about the IVA -- however, some farm collections out to call centres who are always slow to get the message. If you have online access to any accounts alter the works numbers or delete them if you can.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:51 am
If it were me and they continued to ring me I would fail the the ID checks at the beginning of the call and hang up. They should not be ringing you at work - if you can log on to your account on line remove all the contact numbers with the exception of one ...I would also be tempted to change that number by one digit too !

Not long to wait now and you will be secure.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:52 am
Unfortunately I have never bothered with activating my accounts on line. Am at work this morning but don't know if it may be wise for me to ring all creditors this afternoon and ask them to remove my work number. Barely slept last night worrying about it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 am
I would tell them not to call work as it may result in you losing your job. If anyone at work queries it, tell a little fib and say you have been having a few problems with your account and you are trying to sort it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Oya

Post by Oya » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 am
I have the same problem. They keep calling and yesterday i told one of them if you keep calling me i will end up jobless and even my iva approved i wont be able to pay. Vanquis rang my work gave my debt detail and i called them back and asked them to remove my work number and also told them i am answering my mobile why you calling my work number and breeching data protection by giving my debt details to the reception?? They were very sory apologies for that and removed my number and never had a call at my work again. I have endless calls on my mobile that all my creditors only have that now, i sometimes answer patiently explain them for the 100th times or fail the security check. Moira i thought i was a worried person but you are much worse :wink: try to relax.. we are so close to finishing line and whatever we do will not change the decion now.. believe me i wake up counting the day even thinking to call stepchange this friday as noone gonna vote during the weekend and my meeting early in the monday morning. Have a great weekend :D

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:15 pm
I mustadmit --- sometimes, when I was bored, I used to play with the creditors call centres and keep them on the phone a long time. They always end asking the same question : "Can you make a payment now? " I answer, after having them talking to me for 30 minutes, "no, I am going into an IVA and am not allowed to favour one creditor over another. Bye !"

But I was lucky as I did not get that many calls ... I still miss my indian lady caller :oops:
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:48 pm
My capital one lady is from India, shall I get her to call you foggy?

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:32 pm
Ps she's not much use. I keep telling her I am awaiting meeting for via. She keeps repeating we do not accept iva do you have another form of payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really bad oya, are they actually allowed to tell anyone (other than the customer) why they are ringing? Was paranoid every time phone rang at work today. Weaved a story about strange emails from pay pal re purchases not made (this was actually true; think it's a scam). Just said my card company was ringing to see if I had made any purchases yesterday. I hate the deceit but needs must right now.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:29 pm
moira717 wrote:
My capital one lady is from India, shall I get her to call you foggy?
LOL -- might even be the same one --- she sounds about 30, 5' 2" and, of course, looks like a Disney Princess.

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 pm
Could be same one, although I thought she sounded more 5ft 4

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:50 pm
moira717 wrote:
Could be same one, although I thought she sounded more 5ft 4

Been a few years -- she could have grown :-D

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:35 pm
That's so true! Nice to have a laugh right now! Am treating myself to large glass of wine too. That should help me sleep tonight :D

Oya

Post by Oya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:01 am
moira717 wrote:
Ps she's not much use. I keep telling her I am awaiting meeting for via. She keeps repeating we do not accept iva do you have another form of payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really bad oya, are they actually allowed to tell anyone (other than the customer) why they are ringing? Was paranoid every time phone rang at work today. Weaved a story about strange emails from pay pal re purchases not made (this was actually true; think it's a scam). Just said my card company was ringing to see if I had made any purchases yesterday. I hate the deceit but needs must right now.
Normally they shouldnt have gove any information of why they are calling and ive been told its a breech of data protection and i can complain about it. But i dont want to upset my creditors when i need every vote for my favour. I almost removed from every creditors my work number. When they call you ask them if they hold a work number for you if so could they remove it. Every each one of them i asked they removed with no problem. I havent got any issue fir long. They only call my mobile and as i said before it depends on my mood i sometimes answer have nice chat and inform them about iva or not pass the security check.. we are so closed to decision day i dont think how we talk to call centres gonna make any difference now Moira.. 1 week to go :)

moira717

Post by moira717 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 pm
I know oya, hope we both have positive outcomes. Am counting the days!! :D
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”