I have taken out further loans. What can I do, I'm so so worried

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:23 pm
what can I do im so so worried IVA will take my home, i have an iva and like a absolute idiot i have taken out further loans.
now im struggling to pay for food and my mortgage.
I am so much in trouble :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:27 pm
How much further credit have you taken out ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 pm
I have taken out a further 2010 in loans :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:48 pm
Hmmm -- £500 you might have got away with, a couple of thousand is a different kettle of fish. Hopefully you have a good reason for taking the credit and your IP might be sympathetic to your plight. If he is, he might agree a payment break so you can use the IVA payments to clear the new loans. Any break will be added back on at the end of the IVA. I am afraid that you HAVE to have bite the bullet and have a word with him to sort this out.

You need to at least try to head off the IVA being failed. Once that is sorted you will need to address why this happened -- is your budget too tight ? Are you getting all of the allowable expenses covered, or have you missed something ? Or, are you simply overspending? In which case you are going to have to pull your belt in. A new I&E might be in order, but, by taking out further credit, you are already on thin ice.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:26 am
I agree that you need to speak with your IP but there also has to be a certain amount of blame attached to the lenders. Surely any basic checks would have found the IVA so I am surprised the money was loaned at all. Given this fact these companies may be happy to take token payments until the IVA is over rather than rock the boat.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:48 pm
Apart from all this you need to work out why you felt it necessary to borrow more money?

Are you not able to live within your means and afford your contributions? Has there been an error in calculating your payments or have there been changes to your income and expenditure that need a review?

Alternatively are you spending money on non essential items?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”