IVA creditors meeting....................

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

moira717

Post by moira717 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:40 am
Am very happy to say,my IVA has been approved!!!!! Just received the phone call, I broke down in tears on phone, however tears of relief. I know there will be ups and downs during next 6 years but nothing can be as bad as previous 6 years. Next and bank of Scotland didn't vote and Tesco and ribs voted too late. Have noted advice from this site and treating it as a 6 year loan. Thank you everyone for your advice, kind words and support. This site has been my lifeline and am sure will continue to be over next few years. You are all amazing and devote so much of your time to this site. Oya looks like we will be continuing our journey together! I can now finally look to the future :D :D :D :D

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 am
:lol: :lol:
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Oya

Post by Oya » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 am
moira717 wrote:
Am very happy to say,my IVA has been approved!!!!! Just received the phone call, I broke down in tears on phone, however tears of relief. I know there will be ups and downs during next 6 years but nothing can be as bad as previous 6 years. Next and bank of Scotland didn't vote and Tesco and ribs voted too late. Have noted advice from this site and treating it as a 6 year loan. Thank you everyone for your advice, kind words and support. This site has been my lifeline and am sure will continue to be over next few years. You are all amazing and devote so much of your time to this site. Oya looks like we will be continuing our journey together! I can now finally look to the future :D :D :D :D
I feel the same Moira.. believe me i had the best sleep for long time last night.. wait for it you will enjoy it:)
Its been a strength having you beside me.. yes our journey in a better path now.. we will get through it with no problem as we have been in a worst much worst times remember :)
Enjoy your day ,, i am soooo happy for you :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:33 pm
:lol: :lol:

We are all here for both of you as you feel your way. Your emotions will be all over the place for the next few days, but you will soon settle in to the IVA routine.
I have always found, and advocated, that these things go smoother if you treat your IP as a friend ( even though it won't always feel like it ) rather than an enemy.

I have found in life that, if you go out looking for a fight, you will find one. This, as I have found in the few years I have been on here, also seems to apply to your approach to an IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm
Great News :D it may not seem like it at the moment but trust me the time will fly by
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm
Congratulations Moira! it's such a relief eh! I felt like the umbilical cord had been cut when we were excepted (in a good way!)! cut away from debt and also credit! As have said in many of my post's - best financial decision EVER that we made going into an IVA. Well done again :D x
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

moira717

Post by moira717 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm
Thank you all so much. Today feels like a dream. Yes I know foggy, I know, you told me! Guess I didn't want to get my hopes up. Yes and I am treating this via positively, I have felt like I have been drowning last few years and see this as my life ring! I am very grateful for this opportunity to sort my life out :D :D

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm
Congrats and good luck!

benjiboo1

Post by benjiboo1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm
Congratulations to you. All the worrying over with. Just keep your head down & get on with it like we did. Hope you have an easy journey with your iva ... and at the end you will be 5 years older, much wiser & debt free.
c wilson

moira717

Post by moira717 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm
Thank you benjiboo , have been working out timescales today have 5 son's eldest 27 youngest 6. When I finish my via my youngest will be in high school and I will probably be a grandmother! I know how quickly the years fly by so I know will pass quickly. Thank you for all your good advice, I appreciate it. My journey starts here, although last 7 weeks have been a journey in itself! :D

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Really pleased for you all with approved iva's today. Its easy for us all to say it will be ok but from experience I know you don't believe it until its confirmed !

Remember we are here for you when you need to ask something or need a word of encouragement !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

moira717

Post by moira717 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm
Thank you, support from this site invaluable. Don't think I would have had strength to persue it without support of this forum. So many times in past I looked up iva and dismissed it. Thank god this time it was different :D

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 pm
Great result and good to see that you are intending to stay around. Your experience will be very helpful to newbies and there are still the 'old hands' here is you need advice during the term.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

moira717

Post by moira717 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:17 pm
Thank you Michael, I will. Am sure I will have lots of questions over next 6 years!!
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”