Help please. Apparently due to their mistake I have to do 2 extra years.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

sandra344

Post by sandra344 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm
hi I have an iva agreement due to end this september yesterday I got a call from the administrators to say that i may have to do extra 2 years as there is a short fall and that a mistake was made when they calculated the iva. At the start i was told that I have to pay and amount of money every month for 5 years and that it was a possibility for it to be extended to 6 so my house wouldn't be affected by the iva and now they want more money for two years help please I haven't got any extra money

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm
First of all I would get them to explain, chapter and verse, what this mistake was and why it was made. Then, according to what they say, take it from there.

Who are you with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 pm
This does not sound right. Which iva company are you with ? Have you asked for a full review and conversation with the IP ...if they have made an error you should not be penalised for it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 am
We need more information to advise. What was the mistake they refer to?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”