Devasted to be told I will be made bankrupt 3 months before I was due to finish.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

anon957

Post by anon957 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 am
I was in a IVA and paid £930 a month. 3 months before I was due to finish I lost my job. I lost my job at the end of December 2016 and I made my last payment in Feb 2017. I told my IP that I lost my job and couldn't pay the £3.5 k he was requesting. I have no been told I will be made bankrupt. I am devasted and feel the IP did not help me at all and was only interested in his fees. His advice was none existent.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 am
This really sounds unfair. Have you actually spoken to the IP direct or has it been via a caseworker ?

Which company are you with ?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 am
It will cost them a lot of money to make you bankrupt so I doubt they would do that.

Are you with Payplan by any chance?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:28 am
Have they discussed other options with you, such as agreeing a payment break whilst you seek work, or going to the creditors and asking for the IVA to be ended on payments made to date ? Could a family member help with the last three payments ?

Who are you with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”